New experience for Grandpa

Boatingmom

I'm scheduled to cruise the Legend with 2 kids 11 & 13, and my husband next year. Yesterday my 80+ year old FIL agreed to join us. Now the problem....I read here on the boards about Carnival having lewd videos on the big screen. Anybody able to comment on the appropriateness of Carnival for the young and old? I told my father in law that it was Carnival and he seems OK with that. He has sailed Princess, HAL, and RCCL in the past so he has seen some revelers at the pools, bars and clubs. I'm glad he even wants to join us, but I am concerned the whole "Funship" experience may overwhelm him. Does anybody know of any good excursions specifically geared for the older generation but good for the kids too?

I didn't think the Legend had a big screen.

I also read that thread (or parts of it). You have to also define "lewd". That being said, I believe a lot of music videos are "lewd" but I have become pretty conservative in my old...er.....age :D . I do, however, have the ability to tune that out.

I'm scheduled to cruise the Legend with 2 kids 11 & 13, and my husband next year. Yesterday my 80+ year old FIL agreed to join us. Now the problem....I read here on the boards about Carnival having lewd videos on the big screen. Anybody able to comment on the appropriateness of Carnival for the young and old? I told my father in law that it was Carnival and he seems OK with that. He has sailed Princess, HAL, and RCCL in the past so he has seen some revelers at the pools, bars and clubs. I'm glad he even wants to join us, but I am concerned the whole "Funship" experience may overwhelm him. Does anybody know of any good excursions specifically geared for the older generation but good for the kids too?

LEWD movies do tell LOL.. I musta missed these on my last 10 cruses:D:eek::rolleyes:

No big screen on Spirit Class. And the notion of Carnival being big "party ships" is really not true, in my experience. The aft adult pool area and the forward pool are more peaceful, as the pool events happen at the main Lido pool. My 83 year old Dad went on the Miracle with us and really enjoyed the sauna, steam room and spa hot tub.

As far as excursions go, look at the Ports of Call sections of the boards and you will be able to find what is interesting to the members of your family. There will be alot of discussion and recommendations there for independent (non-Carnival) excursions (much better value and less crowded). I think you will love the Legend...we're sailing her for the 3rd time in Nov!

Please, my father is joining us in January at the age of 88 and has been cruising since he was a young boy of 81.

He is great and loves to chat up the young people and they always seem to have fun. He is also a big flirt.

The only lewd thing I have ever seen on a Funship, is people getting too hung up on things to not have fun.

I was on the legend the week before turkey day last year, no big screen to be found. As for a party ship the week I cruised, it was to say the least very quiet even all the lounges seemed to be subdued.

Archived