Drinks

shenaniganzz

Hi there,

We are very close to booking a trip on the Jewel in Feb. '11.

I have a toddler and for most of the day she drinks apple juice. Is this easy to get during the day? Do you have to pay for it? If not, will it be a problem for me to bring 3 jugs of it with me on board?

TIA!

Juice is only available for free at meal times and is easiest to get at breakfast. You could always bring a couple of cups with lids so that you can fill them and bring them to your room for later. Of course, you should fill the empty clean cups from the buffet, then pour those into your own cups.

You do realize that toddlers should be limited to a total of 4-6 oz of juice per day, and it should be 100% pasteurized juice and not a fruit drink, which is what will be available on board. (According to the American Association of Pediatrics). What's on board would probably be okay for just a week if you were limiting to the recommended amount.

Not trying to preach or anything, but a lot of parents think allowing their toddlers to drink juice all day is healthy, and don't realize that its not recommended for several reasons.

First, when I said for most of the day, I did not mean she keeps a sippy cup of juice with her all day long however your comments were preachy and not appreciated, quite frankly. If I wanted recommendations on my daughter's nutrition, I would visit a parenting board.

I am also quite familiar with cruise ship cleanliness and etiquette.

2Cruise - Thanks! I think that is what I will do :) It seems like the easiest option.

First, when I said for most of the day, I did not mean she keeps a sippy cup of juice with her all day long however your comments were preachy and not appreciated, quite frankly. If I wanted recommendations on my daughter's nutrition, I would visit a parenting board.

2Cruise - Thanks! I think that is what I will do :) It seems like the easiest option.

Good, I'm glad that you're familiar with these things. Too many people out there aren't.

A lot of other people read this thread. Now it won't just serve to reinforce a common bad habit or two. Instead, maybe someone else out there who read this will stop and think or ask their doctor, and make a more informed decision before allowing their children to "drink juice for most of the day."

You're welcome. We like to bring some of our comforts from home that we might not get on board: DH likes Diet Dr. Pepper, I like glass bottles of tonic water to mix with our bar setup (cans only on board), and we always bring snacks for the kids.

Archived