Where to stay in san juan

djd0366

Family of 8 (6 adults, two teenagers) sailing out of San Juan March 12. We are arriving on the 11th. Will appreciate hotel recomendation

I think it somewhat depends on what time you arrive on the 11th. If you are getting in late and are just looking for a place to crash at night and get up and go, you might want to look in the Isle Verde area. If you are getting in earlier on the day, want places to go an eat at night, have ready access to the beach, the Condado Beach area can work. We stayed at the Marriott Stellaris in that area. Very nice hotel. Good pool and you can walk out onto the beach. Plenty of restaurants and shops on Ashford Ave that you can walk to. I think there is also an Marriott Renaissance and a Hilton in that area as well. Little more pricey than the Isle Verde area, but we really enjoyed the location and restaurants in the area. I would recommend the Marriott Stellaris. One thing about these hotels is they do charge a "resort fee". There is also Old San Juan (OSJ). More night life, shops, restaurants, history, etc. Not sure what ship you are going on, but some ships board via the pier at OSJ (others are at the Pan American pier) I think there is a Sheraton in OSJ.

Tim

Archived