Grand Caymans - Stingrays

Judithawb

All of you have been so much help with info, but am a bit confused - hope someone can straighten me out. I need to book a catamaran excursion, do not do well with diesel engines. Someone had a post telling about wonderful experience on one and lunch included, etc, but I cannot find it. As best I can ascertain, Capt. Marvins' & Capt. Bryan's are both catamaran excursions. Right? Anyone have a site for them. Also noted almost all of you said something about morning ventures. WE are only in port noon to 6:30. Is that a problem in doing this? Between this and trying to get a grip on cave tubing ( which I am failing!) in Belize, I am one confused old lady. Leaving Galveston the 26th, too late to book?? Thnx for any and all info - Judith jabrigzz@houston.rr.com:confused: :confused: :eek:

All of you have been so much help with info, but am a bit confused - hope someone can straighten me out. I need to book a catamaran excursion, do not do well with diesel engines. Someone had a post telling about wonderful experience on one and lunch included, etc, but I cannot find it. As best I can ascertain, Capt. Marvins' & Capt. Bryan's are both catamaran excursions. Right? Anyone have a site for them. Also noted almost all of you said something about morning ventures. WE are only in port noon to 6:30. Is that a problem in doing this? Between this and trying to get a grip on cave tubing ( which I am failing!) in Belize, I am one confused old lady. Leaving Galveston the 26th, too late to book?? Thnx for any and all info - Judith jabrigzz@houston.rr.com:confused: :confused: :eek:

Captain Marvin's is NOT a catamaran:

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

Captain Bryan's has a couple of boats, but think the afternoon trip is the only one you could take:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityCaptBryans.htm

Lunch is only available on full day excursions so isn't an option.

There are some other catamarans, but will probably cost more.

We were just there last week on the RCI Jewel of the Seas. Our Stingray City shore excursion was anchored next to a catamaran called the Cockatoo. You can do a google search on "Grand Cayman Cockatoo Stingray" and find references to the Cockatoo. That's the only Catamaran that I know of, but there could easily be more.

Yes, there is a catamaran named "Cockatoo," which we were on the first of this month. We booked the Cockatoo Catamaran Tour through the ship (Galaxy) and we were very satisfied with the tour. We left the ship at 7:00 AM and then took a bus to the pier that the Cockatoo uses, which departed shortly after our arrival.

Since we left so early we were one of the first boats out to the "city" that morning. By the time we left there were several other large boats in the area. I really thought we had a better deal with our small group and early arrival time.

The Cockatoo is a large catamaran and there was plenty of room for our group of 34. No trouble with fumes because we were under sail most of the time it took to travel the 4 - 5 miles out to, and back from, Stingray City. Even when under engine power it would have been easy to escape any fumes due to the size of the boat and the open deck.

The crew (2) was very friendly and there was another person on board who video taped the tour. (We bought the DVD ($60.00) and it is excellent!) The tour lasted about 3 three hours so we were back to the ship before noon.

Very satisfied with the tour and I can recommend it.

Archived