Non-sailing guest list, what do you need besides names?

I was married on RCI, for our non - sailing guests I needed to have their full legal name, their drivers licence/ ID number or passport number, current state they reside in (matching the ID state) and Date of Birth...

My non sailing guests were family and close friends so they didn't mind giving me the info. Some people might feel it is too personal to give out.

EDIT: anyone under 16 (I think it was) had to have their birth certificate

you def need to call and double check. I bought my package back in January of 2010. I was never told anything other than to get my non-sailing guest full names and birthdates (thats even what our instructions say on the paperwork). We turned our final guest list in today. We were told by the carnival representative that we spoke to this morning that they now needed everyone's DL# as well. SO, we are calling our 55 non-sailing guest as i type to get their #'s. They are giving us until Friday to do so, since our wedding is less than 3 weeks away.

We were married in August and had to provide them with the full name, birth date, country of citizenship and passport/state ID/driver's license number of all non-sailing guests. I also had to list if the guest was under 16 and would be using a birth certificate instead of a passport/id/license.

Christy, I bought my package in June 2009, and was contacted by my Carnival WC as soon as they changed the rule about the ID's....not sure why your WC didn't tell you about it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting married on Inspiration in 3 weeks. My WC just called yesterday to see how everything was going, and thats when I found out about needing ID #'s. None of the paperwork says that, and up until now WC kept saying "names and birthdates". Definitely a pain in the butt, but thankfully we only have a few non-sailing guests! :)

Archived