Which carnival dream cruise would you choose??

jay588

Ok...

I am planning on booking a cruise for May 2011 on the Carnival Dream.

There is a Eastern Caribbean and a Western Caribbean.

The Eastern the ports are: Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Marteen.

The Western ports are: Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and Costa Maya.

I have already been to Nassau twice before, and wouldn't mind going again, especially since we would be at port till just 2pm.

So my question is, which cruise would you choose?? What ports are nicer and have more activities to do. I am a BIG shopper so one of the ports has to have good shopping also!! :p

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

We are doing the western in April 2011 on the Dream, because that is what week we could go. I prefer more sea days so I would go with the Eastern. We did the same eastern route on the Valor a few years ago and Loved it! Shopping was great in St. Thomas and St. Marteen.

we went with the eastern because we figured fewer ports with a toddler was a good idea. Also, we booked after the rest of our group because we decided to go when the opportunity arose. My wife loved the shopping her second time around in St. Thomas and St. Marten just as much as the first, although the credit card liked it more this time around!

For you, I would look at the excursions AND the port threads to see what there is to do at each port. If you love shopping, there is shopping in all 3 ports for the Eastern AND the new straw market should be done by the time you get back to Nassau. What we liked about both Phillipsburg and St. Thomas was that for the Dream itinerary you have time to shop in the morning and then hit the beach in the afternoon, or vice versa.

Ok...

I have already been to Nassau twice before, and wouldn't mind going again, especially since we would be at port till just 2pm.

So my question is, which cruise would you choose?? What ports are nicer and have more activities to do. I am a BIG shopper so one of the ports has to have good shopping also!! :p

Both itinerarys are very good. Just depends what YOU like to do. Check out the excursions available for the different ports. I can tell you the shopping in St Marteen and St Thomas are great.

We choose the eastern itinerary because we wanted more sea days to enjoy this big new ship. Did not even get off ship in Nassau this time, just enjoyed the ship with less people.;)We loved the Dream and hope to sail her again soon! Have fun!

We are looking at these very same cruises in December of 2011. We couldn't make the decision either so we just decided to go on both :p

Our first B2B...:cool:

LUCKY YOUU!! I am jealous!! :p I am still a student in school, so my limit is ony 2 cruises a year!!! I can't quite afford 2 cruise in a month yet though!!!:D Hope you have fun!!

I am sure I will have booked mine for May by then but let me know which one you had a better time on anyways!

LUCKY YOUU!! I am jealous!! :p I am still a student in school, so my limit is ony 2 cruises a year!!! I can't quite afford 2 cruise in a month yet though!!!:D Hope you have fun!!

I am sure I will have booked mine for May by then but let me know which one you had a better time on anyways!

I have not been to many of the ports on the second cruise, I have been to St. Thomas and St. Marteen and I believe you may have a better time on that trip than the other. Those two ports are wonderful and there is so much to do.

Not that there isn't anything to do on the other trip, but if I was told I could go on one cruise and those were the two I could only choose from, then St. Thomas it would be.

Either way tho, you will have a fantastic time.

If it's shopping you are looking for then for sure do the Eastern on the Dream, we did it last May, it was fabulous, weather was perfect the ship was not so crowded that you felt it and the shopping on st maarten and st thomas was great! Enjoy!

Ok...

Archived