New Orleans Port

Young&InLove

From the airport to any hotel in New Orleans (or a cruise ship) is $33 for 1 or 2 people.

From any hotel in the downtown area (not list on the chart) to a cruise ship is a flat rate of $7pp for 2 or more people or $10 for 1 person.

So to go just 1 mile it would be $21 for 2 adults and a child. Wow, that seems steep!

So to go just 1 mile it would be $21 for 2 adults and a child. Wow, that seems steep!

Some might charge for a child, some might not. Would depend on the taxi driver and the child. Cruisers often have excess luggage so I suppose that is the justification.

Some people walk to the cruise ship and send the luggage with other(s) to the ship.

The cruise port in New Orleans is right downtown and not in the boondocks like some other ports.

If you are going from the port to the airport, it would be less than $47.

A few hotels have shuttles to the port (Holiday Inn Superdome and Hampton Inn Convention Center come to mind)

Some hotels near the airport have shuttles to the airport but not to the port.

Some people rent cars at the airport and drop them off at downtown locations where they can usually get a shuttle. Parking a car downtown can be expensive.

If you want an adventure, I think there is a combination of public buses you could take from the airport to downtown.

What time would you plan on getting to port?

We usually go around 11ish.. to try to avoid the lines.

Same time. Everytime we drive we get there around 10:30-11:00 in Lauderdale. I may do 10:30-11:00 in NOLA too because it's unfamiliar and such.. and so we can get into the Windjammer ;)

[/font]

Same time. Everytime we drive we get there around 10:30-11:00 in Lauderdale. I may do 10:30-11:00 in NOLA too because it's unfamiliar and such.. and so we can get into the Windjammer ;)

If this is for a RCCL cruise, there will be at 4 cruise ships sailing from New Orleans (currently there are only 2) and I would like to think more hotels recognize the value of having cruise specials and maybe there will alternatives to taxis, too.

If this is for a RCCL cruise, there will be at 4 cruise ships sailing from New Orleans (currently there are only 2) and I would like to think more hotels recognize the value of having cruise specials and maybe there will alternatives to taxis, too.

It will be RCCL. Good to know, thank you so much!

Would those posted taxi rates also apply from airport area hotels/rental car locations to the port area? If not, would a meter rate be cheaper?

I suspect they are. Whenever I've taken a taxi from the port to car rental places at or near the airport it was the same as going to the airport.

This is probably the largest taxi company (United) in the city - they should be able to tell you for certain:

http://www.unitedcabs.com/id1.html

Archived