Please stop bashing Carnival

bodog402

40 years ago, there were no purpose-built cruise ships. They were either all old "ocean liners" (i.e.: SS France/Norway) or converted from something else (Transvaal Castle/Festivale).

My memory could certainly be faulty but what I think is that it was a ship which usually cruised around the Med.

Please point out in my post where I used the word "we". I said "my". An apology for your misreading of my post should be forth coming.

Terribly sorry- I never meant to suggest that you were trying to tell us all how to guage satisfaction on a cruise.

I totally agree with this post. My friends and fam go to have a great time and truly don't complain or fret over anything. You're on vacation...suppose to live it up and enjoy yourselves.

I don't expect perfection in anything in life and am satisfied with the CCL cruise experience, and I've been a CCL customer since the first yrs of CCL. Is it the most elegant-no, but then neither am I. It is agreat vacation at a great price. People like to complain-period, I just read a post that's basically complaining about complaining. I feel fortunate each time I cruise. I will admit that on some cruises thing have not been perfect but then what in life is always perfect. I am so looking forward to my upcoming cruises and what people wear, say, do or drink doesn't mean a thing to me. I just love the time with my husband and family.

Just a point to the person complaining about the STEAK THREAD and subsequent survey..CruiseCritic set that one up..Go complain to them for gauging the response of the public to a test trial by Carnival!!!

That survey is poorly written and biased. People have complained about it, because it's not a true gauge. Not that CCL needs Cruise Critic to gauge response -- all they need to do is look at who's buying and who's not.

LemurCat what I was trying to say is this: To all of you complaining about the STEAK THREAD...I was on the Inspiration a week and a half ago and with my own two eyes witnessed the upmarket food and those who ate it.The poll is not skewed to ask cruisers if an upcharged item on a cruiseship without a steakhouse is acceptable or not..I know that you are going to say that the implication was that it was going to be offered on all ships. It is unfortunate that common sense does not prevail on these boards. Obviously to those who have the ability to process a thought it would not make sense for Carnival to offer a steak at $18 in the dining room and $30 in the restaurant. The poll is available to all who can or cannot think it is not skewed. Therefore the person who complains about the poll is obviously the later.

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

Good grief. Methinks some want an exact scientific poll created, scrutinized so that it is worded properly to extract some kind of actionable results.

It's a messageboard folks. I guess some are unhappy with the poll results.

Not that CCL needs Cruise Critic to gauge response -- .

How true...although some people really think differently. :eek:

Although I firmly believe that CC is watched and considered by cruise lines, I don't think they run their business arround what's posted here as some seem to think they do.

Went on my first cruise last week on The Carnival Conquest. I have to say we were really pleased with absolutely everything about it. The staff was fantastic and really made us feel special. The food was great from the pizza to the lobster. We enjoyed all of the ports.

It definately left me with wanting to go back again.

With free speech comes responsible and truthful speech and a lot of the negative remarks made against Carnival are untruthful.

First of all, who cares? You can normally read between an exaggeration and a true complaint.

Secondly, you are painting a picture that Carnival is the greatest thing since ice cream. It isn't. It does OK but certainly not the panacea you are portraying.

If concerns and complaints bother you. Quit reading, or get a job with Carnival :rolleyes:. To me cheerleading is more of a criminal offense than people posting their complaints.

LemurCat what I was trying to say is this: To all of you complaining about the STEAK THREAD...I was on the Inspiration a week and a half ago and with my own two eyes witnessed the upmarket food and those who ate it.The poll is not skewed to ask cruisers if an upcharged item on a cruiseship without a steakhouse is acceptable or not..I know that you are going to say that the implication was that it was going to be offered on all ships. It is unfortunate that common sense does not prevail on these boards. Obviously to those who have the ability to process a thought it would not make sense for Carnival to offer a steak at $18 in the dining room and $30 in the restaurant. The poll is available to all who can or cannot think it is not skewed. Therefore the person who complains about the poll is obviously the later.

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

The poll is skewed because it leaves out pertinent information and plays on the fears of a certain sector of this board who sees any change as more proof of the Fall of Western Civilization. Yes, it would be nice if common sense applied, but clearly it didn't with that poll, as people with common sense spent a lot of time explaining to a lot of complainers why their reasoning was not based on all the facts at hand.

Polls, by the way, are supposed to be quick and concise but not at the cost of dropping facts. That poll dropped facts.

The poll is skewed because it leaves out pertinent information and plays on the fears of a certain sector of this board who sees any change as more proof of the Fall of Western Civilization. Yes, it would be nice if common sense applied, but clearly it didn't with that poll, as people with common sense spent a lot of time explaining to a lot of complainers why their reasoning was not based on all the facts at hand.

Polls, by the way, are supposed to be quick and concise but not at the cost of dropping facts. That poll dropped facts.

You're kidding right, it's an internet poll and of little or no value anyway. In order for a poll to have validity it must be a random sampling asking who would like to participate is in no way random. As such it has no validity and I don't believe CC thought it ever did. It is for entertainment purposes not informational.

You're kidding right, it's an internet poll and of little or no value anyway. In order for a poll to have validity it must be a random sampling asking who would like to participate is in no way random. As such it has no validity and I don't believe CC thought it ever did. It is for entertainment purposes not informational.

Right, are you aware that the editors of this site use such polls for the articles on the main Cruise Critic site?

Right, are you aware that the editors of this site use such polls for the articles on the main Cruise Critic site?

Don't care, that is just like citing Wikipedia as a source, it has no validity and virtually everyone knows it. Using these as a source only weakens their position. That's why I don't read the articles ion this site.

Went on my first cruise last week on The Carnival Conquest. I have to say we were really pleased with absolutely everything about it. The staff was fantastic and really made us feel special. The food was great from the pizza to the lobster. We enjoyed all of the ports.

It definately left me with wanting to go back again.

Well according to the cheerleaders you only have 29 post so your post cannot be believed, oh wait you wrote a psoitive review so I guess whether you have 1 post or a 1000 you can be believed. Sarcasm

Don't care, that is just like citing Wikipedia as a source, it has no validity and virtually everyone knows it. Using these as a source only weakens their position. That's why I don't read the articles ion this site.

But your intentions aren't the issue. The editors' intentions are. They're trying to use that poll as some sort of editorial content for a website. And no, not everyone knows it has no validity. You know it. I know it. A lot of people don't, or are willing to overlook it to make the point. Bring in more foot-traffic and send up on to Tripadvisor.

See, this is what people *don't* understand about the internet as a newsource. Their isn't any sort of ethical standard like print media. Make up a poll, get the cronies whipped up with mistatements, and then "publish" it as news. :rolleyes: I really wish a site that is effectively a very good advertising tool would stick to advertising and get out of editorializing.

Which is why you all should leave the complaining about Carnival in the Review section.

Except there's nowhere in the review section to agree or disagree with something someone posts, or to ask questions.

It's about impossible to argue with someone's opinion; it's his opinion, and he has every right to it. But there are some things posted in a review that are debatable, e.g. "The ship was filthy!!" Perhaps every area of a ship this person saw was not up to his cleanliness standards. But did he really see every area of the ship? We don't know. So someone else comes along & says, "Yes, this ship is generally dirty" or "I didn't see one speck of dirt" and when we get to the OP's specifics, he found some dirt in the corner of his bathroom floor.:p

I find the sentiments of the OP of this thread (and yours, macsdad) to be charming. But as we prepare to sail the Triumph in December, I do want to hear the good & the bad. I can't ask questions in the review section, but I can ask them in the forums. I don't reap any benefit from other folks loving Carnival or suffer any consequences from them hating Carnival. As long as Carnival continues to offer sailings I like & continues to make me happy on those sailings, I'll continue to book with them. I'll also book with any other company that has a trip I want to try...and I'll read the good & bad about those ships on their forums. :)

[

Secondly, you are painting a picture that Carnival is the greatest thing since ice cream. It isn't. It does OK but certainly not the panacea you are portraying.

I’m confused ????? Carnival :)""isn’t"":) the greatest thing since sliced bread ????

I guess you are also going tell me that Santa isn’t real either ?

First of all, who cares? You can normally read between an exaggeration and a true complaint.

If concerns and complaints bother you. Quit reading, or get a job with Carnival :rolleyes:. To me cheerleading is more of a criminal offense than people posting their complaints.

I’m confused ????? Carnival ""isn’t"" the greatest thing since sliced bread ????

I guess you are also going tell me that Santa isn’t real either ?

But your intentions aren't the issue. The editors' intentions are. They're trying to use that poll as some sort of editorial content for a website. And no, not everyone knows it has no validity. You know it. I know it. A lot of people don't, or are willing to overlook it to make the point. Bring in more foot-traffic and send up on to Tripadvisor.

See, this is what people *don't* understand about the internet as a newsource. Their isn't any sort of ethical standard like print media. Make up a poll, get the cronies whipped up with mistatements, and then "publish" it as news. :rolleyes: I really wish a site that is effectively a very good advertising tool would stick to advertising and get out of editorializing.

Please come back to planet earth, the print media has no statndards either. The AP has instituted a rule that requires editiorializing in their stories for they have deemed the general public too stupid to make their own decisions. You appear to be doing the same (assuming the public is too stupid to make their own decisions).

To the OP, the short answer is "no". People will not stop complaining about Carnival in these boards. Discussion forums are for discussion and that involves a variety of perspectives and input. The forum rules don't require people post only postitive opinions and do not forbid negative opinions so all of us simply need to skip over posts we don't want to bother with. Pretty simple solution.

I'm a bit confused by the attitude that positive posts are facts, while negative posts are opinions. If we limited ourselves to facts only, My reviews would read:

"I was on Carnival Liberty. I ate I slept, I disembarked."

Pretty boring if you ask me.

My poor PVP was excited to tell me about the new lobster and steak, she says its maine lobster that will be served, not what we get regular. ... I said look at CC, some are upset its being offered. Cant please anyone with changes.

Have you had Maine lobster? It is to die for. Much better that the "loobster" that is normally served on cruise ships. (Remember Cheers?)

Since we live in New England, we are spoiled and can get fresh Maine lobster whenever we want.

Let me know if you enjoy it.

Archived