Need Excursion Ideas (snorkeling) Ours was cancelled!

Cards5440

Does anyone have suggestions on Snorkeling tours?

We were booked with Coral Breezes for the Manatee and Snorkel excursion for our cruise on the Valor 10/16.

I just received an email from Coral Breezes stating that they are cancelling the excursion due to Bannister Island being closed for rennovation on 10/21 (the day we were booked for)

We really want to snorkel while in Belize but are not interested in stingray/shark alley as we have a stingray excursion booked while in Grand Cayman. Most of the tours I have found take you to that area.

Any help is appreciated!

There is a thread on this you can look at...apparently Carnival also cancelled their Bannister Island beach break for the same reason, but others have been able to book excursions.

I booked with Ecotours for snorkeling and Bannister Island for early Nov. You can try contacting them and see if they tell you it's closed for your date...

http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/snorkeling.html#gallows_reef

I'd stick with Coral Breeze & do the snorkel trip with the local lunch on Caye Caulker & your experience will be totaly different that your other sting ray trip.

We do this same trip with them about twice each year & it is great each time !

That's my two cents worth.

If you are going to Roatan, do the snorkel trip at Tayabana Beach where you snorkel from the beach. It's about the best snorkeling anywhere.

Enjoy Belixe.

Bill in FL

I'd stick with Coral Breeze & do the snorkel trip with the local lunch on Caye Caulker & your experience will be totaly different that your other sting ray trip.

We do this same trip with them about twice each year & it is great each time !

That's my two cents worth.

If you are going to Roatan, do the snorkel trip at Tayabana Beach where you snorkel from the beach. It's about the best snorkeling anywhere.

Enjoy Belixe.

Bill in FL

I second that. In Grand Cayman you are going to stand up and the stingrays will swim around you and you can hold them, kiss them, feed them, etc.

In Belize you will snorkel above them, and see other fish and the likes. They are not as tame.

Archived