Equinox Panorama Deck- still smelly?

marycontrary50

I'm worried! After final payment on a oversized balcony cabin on deck 9, I've just been reading about the terrible sewage smells reported in Dec 2009 on this deck!! Anybody recently sailed in a deck 9 cabin on Equinox? Our booked cabin is 9237- I have a nose keen as a bird dog's,and stink will absolutely spoil my cruise! Surely hope this problem was resolved:confused:.... Thanks!

We sailed this past July, our room was on the Panorama Deck and while there were some slight odors, no sewage smell. I, too, am highly sensitive to odor, but there was nothing really offensive to speak of.

I wonder if there is a "design flaw" here. We were on deck 9 on the Eclipse this summer (a hump cabin) and every 3 or 4 days it would get very smelly. It wasn't a sewage odor, but pretty disgusting anyway. I got the impression this happens quite a bit and Guest Relations claimed it was the air-conditioning system. The engineers obviously did something because the smell would disappear, but be back within the next few days.

Archived