The Lost World Canopy Zipline and Rapelling tour

genie423

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone taken this zipline tour? Holland America offers it, but I don't know if it is available from a private company. It is not a caving tour, as far as I know.

Thanks.

Jaguar Paw Does this tour. The company is now called Chukka Caribbean Adventures. We used them on our cave tubing tour last summer and they were great. We are thinking about doing this tour when we go back in May.

We did this through Carnival in January 2009 and it was awesome!! Parts of the zip lining are in a beautiful cave - we had so much fun, and this was probably my most memorable tour. I think you can only go there through a Cruise line - that's what our guides said on the tour.

You can NOT book this tour privately when on a cruise. They have contracts with the cruise lines.

My daughters and i did this tour in May and it was a lot of fun. The only downside was the food at the end. It was DISGUSTING. My suggestion is to bring something to eat because it is a long day. Although, maybe they improved on the food at the end of the tour.

We had Elvis as our tour guide and he was FANTASTIC!

The only drawback we had, other than the food, was how they told us to dress. They said long pants and long sleeve shirts. This is how we went and we BURNED up it was so hot. The cave is NOT a cool cave and if there hasn't been any rain in a while the ground is mainly dry. I would suggest this tour but dress accordingly. Shorts and short sleeve shirts would have been so much nicer!

Such a shame you can't do this on your own though, we paid $125 each with Carnival and the tour company, on their website, has this same tour for about $85. You can only book it privately if you are staying at a hotel, etc.

We just returned from doing this last week and I would highly recommend it. We booked through Carnival and the company they used was called Back-A-Bush Adventures. The bus ride to the ziplining sight is roughly an hour and twenty minutes. Along with that our guide, Primo, was very informative about his country.

Once we arrived at the site there was a group of about 12-14 crew members there to help us suit up for the tour. We then hiked slowly into the jungle which took about 15 mins, maybe even less than that. From there we got a small briefing about what to do then our tour began. It started with three ziplines, one rapel, two ziplines, and a final rapel. There was a crew person at each site to ensure you were safe and they always used extra precaution when transferring you off the line.

Once we were finished there was bottled water for us then we headed about 4 miles back down the road to look at pictures that had been taken. We purchased a couple package which included both mine and my boyfriend's pictures for $25.

This tour was extremely fun and I would do it again in a heart beat. The thing that I really liked was how nice and helpful the people were. My grandparents were going to do the tour with us but decided not to because they were afraid they couldn't handle it. After we did the course, there is no doubt in my mind that they could have done it.

My boyfriend's mom has MS and isn't very good with balance but they hand no problems accomodating her. They put an extra set of straps across her arms to ensure that if she did lose grip that she wouldn't fall back. Also they even designated a tour guide to help her with the hike to ensure she didn't slip or fall. Once the tour was over with they sat her down and got her bottled water for her. Amongst the people in the tour group was a 68 year old grandma who also had no problem with the tour.

This is something that you won't forget and again I highly recommend it. Everyone that was in our group agreed that even though we paid $99 a person that the money spent was well worth it. This is picture is of my family and friends that did the tour.

75667_1572005752006_1591380033_31340033_3189738_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We used some just to be on the safe side and came back with only two bug bites. If you dont put it on before you leave the ship don't worry because they stopped at a place for a bathroom break, which is also the same place we stopped at when we left to check out our pictures, and told us if we had bug spray to apply it at that point because we couldn't do it once we got to the ziplining site.

• 10 months later...
My daughters and i did this tour in May and it was a lot of fun. The only downside was the food at the end. It was DISGUSTING. My suggestion is to bring something to eat because it is a long day. Although, maybe they improved on the food at the end of the tour.

The Holland America description says to have a sturdy breakfast as no meals are provided but later contradicts that by saying a BBQ lunch is provided. Is that one way to say there's something provided but barebly edible so eat a hearty breakfast?

The tour otherwise looks interesting and something I think I'll give a go for some fun.

Archived