Barcelona pre-cruise with 3 small children - accommodation suggestions?

BWP

Hi, we're doing a 12 night Med cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas in July 2011. We're travelling with 3 children (7, 6 and 1yrs old) and are planning to do a 2 night pre-cruise in Barcelona.

I've noted that not many hotels in Barcelona can accommodate 4+ people in one room. I would welcome any suggestions for family-friendly hotels or apartments.

Our budget is max 240 euros/night - but preferably cheaper!

Many thanks!

For our cruise this past May, I got a great deal through travelzoo,uk for the Eurostars Grand Marina. We had two connecting rooms which they upgraded to suites (Woo Hoo!) for our one night stay. The cost was 120 euros per room. It was a fabulous hotel.

The Marriott Renaissance by the airport had rooms that slept 4, but they were substantially more.

We are staying at Eric Vokel. Kids under 3 are free. There are 2-3 bdr apts which sleep from 4-6. It's far under your budget but then we are travelling in the off-peak season.(Whopee) :D We leave in 2 weeks and I will post a review when I return.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d1722409-Reviews-Eric_Vokel_Boutique_Apartments_Gaudi_Suites-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/barcelona/eric-vokel-sagrada-familia.en.html

We spent about that for a 2 bed/2 bath apartment at Hispanos Siete Suiza, which I chose from all the great reviews here and at TripAdvisor. We loved the location, having the full kitchen (markets nearby), even a washer/dryer so we boarded with ship with all clean clothes - a nice bonus. I loved being able to give the kids cereal and milk and toast in the morning while we got ready for the day rather than having to wait to go out for breakfast. Lots of familiar fast food nearby, along with a nice pedestrian area of cafes, etc. Small playground around the corner (across from Sagrada Familia) and a larger playground a short walk away. Because it's near Sagrada Familia, you have metro, Hop On/Hop Off stops a very short walk away, ATMS, lots of food choices, etc.

Barcelona is a fantastic city for young children - we absolutely loved it.

Best,

Mia

We stayed at the Majestic Hotel last year. Beautiful hotel, centrally located in town, walking to everything, and the rooms were great. The best things were the rooms. Our room was very large - king bed, and a pull out sofa. 2 kiddos could sleep together on the pull out sofa, and there would be plenty of room for a crib to be brought in. We had a very large foyer area, which you also fit the crib in. Breakfast was included with our stay too.

Patti

P.S. We LOVE Barcelona!!!

Archived