Wedding Pkg ws Vow Renewal

sinesbride

So a friend of mine is looking into getting married on a cruise just like I am and she mentioned that she was going to do a vow renewal package since it's cheaper instead of the actualy wedding package. She says she is getting married legally before going on their cruise that would be out of Los Angeles. Can she do that? Don't you have to be married for a certain amount of time before doing the renewal. I thought they would have measures to avoid losing money to "vow renewal" packages in cases like this. Just curious.

We are doing the vow renewal in St Thomas and getting legally married in Chicago about a month before. Our wedding coordinator on the island knows this and thought it was a good idea since we are in port on Sunday and its more money on that day and more of a hassle with the court house. I guess it depends on what coordinator you use?? It was only like a $ 50 dollar difference between the packages we chose.( Marriage vs Vow Renewal)

Allie

Allie are you using a local planner or the cruise ships company?

HI!

Sorry, I am using a local planner in St Thomas. Much cheaper and less corporate:D. The package we are using is dirt cheap, and the wedding coordinater and I have been emailing every singe day. She is very prompt with the gazzilion questions I have.

HI!

Sorry, I am using a local planner in St Thomas. Much cheaper and less corporate:D. The package we are using is dirt cheap, and the wedding coordinater and I have been emailing every singe day. She is very prompt with the gazzilion questions I have.

No Sorries!

Local Planners are much easier to work with and are much more helpful.

The Wedding Experience (and I believe the few ports Carnival does on their own) all follow the same policy as far as I am aware when it comes to length of time married for vow vs wedding.

Do you mind if I ask the name of your wedding coordinator in St. Thomas? We are planning a wedding there in late February - while the cruise ship is docked. I've looked into islandweddings. com. We are also thinking about Bluebeard's beach because it is closes to the ship.

When we did our wedding vow renewal they never asked how long we had been married. I did take a copy of our original license but no one ever asked to see it. I never noticed any thing about time when I was booking this but maybe I overlooked it. I know people have done this before an dhave read many suggesting it, too. But be aware, you can't do the vow renewal on the day you depart so anyone not sailing with you won't be able to be there. They do the vow renewals the last sea day of the trip. Ours was about 3 pm in the library on the Ecstasy.

Do you mind if I ask the name of your wedding coordinator in St. Thomas? We are planning a wedding there in late February - while the cruise ship is docked. I've looked into islandweddings. com. We are also thinking about Bluebeard's beach because it is closes to the ship.

Hi Ree,

We are using Janelle with Island Bliss weddings. She has been fantastic! We are going to Lindquist Beach which is more off the beaten path and not as crowded. It will just be my fiance and I. :D

Hi Ree,

We are using Janelle with Island Bliss weddings. She has been fantastic! We are going to Lindquist Beach which is more off the beaten path and not as crowded. It will just be my fiance and I. :D

Archived