One more Belize question...

LMS

Trying to decide whether to take the water taxi to Caye Caulker and then catch a tour or to just sign up with Coral Breeze. Concerned about time, but don't want to be rushed through a tour. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Coral Breeze Limited is what we are doing. Talk to Paul, he is very good to answer any questions/concerns.....We think he will show us a fabulous time.....only problem is is it's not until September 8, 2005:) which is difficult waiting on.....Soooo very excited....Hope this helps!!:)

Trying to decide whether to take the water taxi to Caye Caulker and then catch a tour or to just sign up with Coral Breeze. Concerned about time, but don't want to be rushed through a tour. Any advice?

my concern would be what you would be able to book at caye caulker. We also went with coral breeze and stopped at caye caulker for lunch. there didn't seem to be a lot of people there looking to book tours.there were signs of different tour operators, but i didn't see a lot of people(tourists) just walking around. they were probalby already off on their day's excursions.

unless your ship is in port for a long time, i can't see going to caye caulker and booking something. better if you arrange something ahead of time. that way you aren't wasting time that you could be out snorkling or diving.

I'd book through Coral Breeze and just take their boat right out of Belize City. We weren't rushed at all- had 1hr15min on Caye Caulker after the snorkle/shark/ray and then over an hour to wander around the terminal once back in Belize City. Great tour!

Andrea - We have that tour booked for our upcoming cruise. I really like the idea of the "down time" on the way back. I always worry about missing the ship, and this really makes me feel secure. I am really looking forward to this excursion.

Michelle

Dont know anything about the Coral Breeze thing as we plan to Cave tube in Belize, but the 1st time cruiser sparked my interest. First off this is a great site to get info from others. On my first cruise i was so naive' as to where to go and what to do (dont regret that as at the time it worked ok) but with most recent trips I like to explore the port and get to know as much as possible. this allows you to maximize your time in port, usually saves you money as well. You have lots of time to plan, start now as you will want to establish a budget or you could get a big surprise during or after your trip when you get the bill. Figure out where a shore excursion will be best suited. Many ports have great shopping or easy access beaches with great sea life where others dont. Best of luck, one thing for sure are about to have a fantastic vacation

Coral Breeze Limited is what we are doing. Talk to Paul, he is very good to answer any questions/concerns.....We think he will show us a fabulous time.....only problem is is it's not until September 8, 2005:) which is difficult waiting on.....Soooo very excited....Hope this helps!!:)

Archived