Please help... First time cruiser!

nwnate

Hey guys and gals I am looking to book my first cruise and was curious if I should visit Grand Caymen and Jamaica or Grand Caymen and Cozumel. It will be a 5 day on Carnival. So please let me know about what you all think and any tips or advice. Thanks.:)

Hey guys and gals I am looking to book my first cruise and was curious if I should visit Grand Caymen and Jamaica or Grand Caymen and Cozumel. It will be a 5 day on Carnival. So please let me know about what you all think and any tips or advice. Thanks.:)

I would say Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Cozumel is *the* port to visit on your first cruise. I've read that it's the most visited port in the Western Caribbean. So there's something for everyone.

Whichever you choose, enjoy yourself. You'll be hooked, and never want to take a 5 day cruise again. For me, 7 day cruises are too short! :eek:

LES!

I think I might do Jamaica just because if you ever do another cruise chances are it will go to Cozumel. Niether are my favorite. It depends where in Jamaica and how much you want to spend. In Jamaica I would recommend and excursion. In cozumel you can do the beach on your own without paying too much.

Welcome to the wide wide world of cruising. I'm sure that you too will fall in love with the thrill of the high seas. The excitement of a new port, the sounds and sights of an exotic town all combine to hypnotize you into booking another adventure. I'm sorry, but I always wanted to see such prose printed.

Seriously, Babie is right. Seven days are not enough. Our first trip was a 5 day. All the rest have been 7 and it is definately not enough. Jamaica, on the other hand, may be a bad idea. I have read and heard too many horror stories about Jamaica to steer me towards other ports.Check the ship reviews such as the ones on the Carnival website and here on the crisecritic site and see if you don't agree. Cozamel is a great stop. There are plenty of things to do and cheap ways to do them. (Book indepentently)

Have a great time and do yourself a favor. Book a 7 day trip next time.:D

Clackey

WE just did the GC and Ocho Rios Jamaica itinerary on Royal Caribbean. We had a blast and loved it. This was our second time to Jamaica (first time was a land based) and used a private tour guide to take us around and the day was wonderful. If you have ever wanted to climb Dunns River Falls this would be the time to do it so you can say you did it. I haven't been to Cozumel, but plan to get there soon. Good luck deciding.

Jamaica and Cozumel are nothing alike....both beautiful in their own way. If I had to choose, personally I would choose Jamaica, Wog is right, the Falls are so awesome. We stayed in Montego Bay for a week and a half and were able to spend time in both Ocho Rios and Negril. Very peaceful and beautiful island...

It's hard to find (impossible?) a western caribbean cruise longer than 5 days that doesn't stop in Cozumel. I would think Jamaica and Grand Cayman would give you more exposure to cultures and possiblilites for future trips.

Jamaica gets more bad press than it deserves.

The two must dos are Stingray Sandbar in Grand Cayman and Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica.

If you just want a beach day in Montego Bay, Sunset Beach Resort will sell you an all inclusive day pass for $20.

Archived