Snorkeling Help!

rorito

Does anyone familiar with Belize know if there is a close-by area with decent snorkeling? We are reserved for cave tubing but the Grand is late alot and could cancel the excursion. If that happens I would love to make a quick run to a reef before we depart. Any tips out there?

You can usually pick up something at the tender dock, but not sure how late they are around. No snorkeling in the immediate area. If the tours are cancelled, be ready to still jump off the ship on the tenders and see if anything is available.

Just make sure they know what time your last tender is, and whether your ship time is the same as local time, or what the difference is.

Does anyone familiar with Belize know if there is a close-by area with decent snorkeling? We are reserved for cave tubing but the Grand is late alot and could cancel the excursion. If that happens I would love to make a quick run to a reef before we depart. Any tips out there?

Princess has changed the itinerary on every other cruise. My April cruise is changed. It gives us an extra hour in Costa Maya and Belize, but unfortunately we arrive in Belize at 6:30am. I cancelled my catamaran snorkel because I think that new time is too early for water sports. So another day in town will work for me.

If you're cruise isn't affected by the new changes (Costa Maya then Belize instead of original order) there's a possability of being late. I was on her in December and we were pretty close to on time. Nothing was cancelled that I know of.

You could always catch a water taxi to Caye Caulker (I think Ambergris is too far for such a short port time) and snorkel there. I think that's about the best option unless you book a tour independantly. The water taxi schedule isn't the easiest to work around either. Here's a website with the schedule. http://www.goambergriscaye.com/watertaxi.html

LES!

We were in Belize in January and did the cave tubing but my in-laws booked a snorkel tour at the tender dock and were very pleased. The Captain took them to a small island and let them swim and then delivered them back to the ship. All for the grand price of $45 @. If we make it back to Belize, we will have to go this route. I'm sorry to say that I don't know the name of the Tour or boat that they took, but They booked it right on the tender dock.

Have a great time!

Clackey

We took a snorkeling tour with Belize Rays last month and loved it. They charge $45/pp and have an office right at the pier or you can reserve ahead of time on their website www.belizerays.com. We spent about an hour snorkeling and then they took us to Coral Sands Beach Resort where we spent about about 45 minutes enjoying the sun and scenery...beautiful!!

Archived