Anyone familiar with beaches in Holetown?

butternut1

Good morning everyone. I'm trying to put together excursions/tours for my upcoming cruise. I'm undecided between two tours in Barbados. I know we are going with Glory Tours but can't decide which tour to take. One ends with time at Oistins and then Accura Beach. The other tour ends with time at Holetown Chattle Village and the beaches there. I can't seem to find anything on Holetown beaches. However, I have read that Accura beach is really nice. If anyone can give me an idea of how the beaches are in Holetown, I would really, appreciate it. Thanks so much for your help. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Margie

• 1 month later...

We spent the day on Holetown beach last Xmas and it was lovely.

We got the local bus $3 return (get tokens from the window) or if u prefer local colour get the minibuses behind the bus station $3 return as well and they run more often.

The public beach we went on wasn't massive but was big enough for us and there were water sports available and a small bar that did food as well.

Cheap day out and well worth it, you get to see Bridgetown as well on the bus.

Which Glory tours are you considering?

I think the body of the tour is perhaps more important that the final beach stop.

I think you'll find all of the west and SW coast beaches to be fine (Holetown south to Oistins), indeed. Some perhaps better and wider than the others, but a first experience with any of the west coast beaches should please most.

Holetown beaches are quite nice (good enough for US$5,000 a night Sandy Lane Resort). 'Beaches', per se, seem to improve south of Folkstone where snorkeling seems best at, or near, Folkstone (Holetown). The Hawksbills (turtles) like it here, too.

Accura and Oistins are terrific, also. Oistins beaches can be calm and 'cozy' where Accura can be a little windy, but that's a plus most of the year as it cools a person. Oistins can dissapoint somewhat during a weekday visit as its heart and soul are saved to shine on Friday nights where we have a great, fresh fish feed and lime (party) every Friday night. Don't miss this next time!

The 'best' beaches are actually on the East side of the island, but rough waters keep most on the sand.

Look carefully at the main body of the tour and if it seems correct for you, I'd ignore the final beach stop. Either choice is fine, believe me.

What a good reason to return and check out what you missed, yes? :)

Archived