Carnival Victory and Football

mennaa

Does anyone know if they show NFL games on the Victory? I realized my cruise embarks on the night of the Ravens vs Steelers game and I really don't want to miss that game. I know the Victory does have a sports bar, I'm just hoping they show a network that will be broadcasting the game.

It depends on what channel the game is being carried. Local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS) should not be a problem, for the sports bar or for your stateroom. They pipe in the Denver feed for those stations. ESPN can be tricky. I don't think I've ever seen it in the stateroom, and I think the sports bar doesn't have regular ESPN. I think it's the international version. Someone else will probably know for sure.

We cruise every year during Thanksgiving week so lots of football. What we found out once is that they try to broadcast what they think would be most popular. For example, we went up to the Sports Bar hoping to see the Colts play. At the same time there was a large group of Latinos waiting for a very important soccer match to be shown. The bartender kept saying he hadn't been told yet what channel to turn on. seemed like someone in thei higher ups determines what satellite feeds to broadcast. We went back to our cabin and lucked out with the Colts game. Good luck, Go Colts!

Does anyone know if they show NFL games on the Victory? I realized my cruise embarks on the night of the Ravens vs Steelers game and I really don't want to miss that game. I know the Victory does have a sports bar, I'm just hoping they show a network that will be broadcasting the game.

My husband and I will be on this cruise with you. He is a huge Steelers fan too so I guess we'll be seeing you at the bar or wherever the game can be found on the ship. Go Steelers!

Archived