independent Rhodes

level42

We were just there, five days ago on a Costa cruise. It's an easy stroll from the dock into the Rhodes "Old Town" - takes about 5-6 minutes. If you have a guide book, you can do all the sites on your own within the old town. It's quite interesting. The first time we were there we went on the ship shorex but I repeat, you can easily do it on your own. Next sight to see on the island is Lindos, about 45 minutes drive from Rhodes town. You can go with the organized ship shorex, or do it on your own by taking one of the many taxis that will be waiting on the dock. The cost is €57 one way. After sightseeing there you can grab another taxi to bring you back to Rhodes town and the ship (another €57).

I agree- Rhodes was the only port we did on our own on our cruise last winter, and I was very glad we did.

The ship docks right in the old town, and the old town has nice signs in English and Greek with maps that show you where you are. We were very comfortable on our own and throughly enjoyed it.

Archived