Booked 1 1/2 Weeks Ago, price is down $200!

NCEdwards4

I booked my first cruise with Celebrity a week and a half ago. I booked 2 rooms to celebrate both my husband and son's birthday. Today the price went down $200.00 per cabin. When my travel agent contacted Celebrity, she was told I was SOL since it's less than 60 days. I have cruised with different lines and was given onboard credits, but X will not do this.

My question is, has anyone been in this situation and received an onboard credit? If so, how did you do it?

I am only trying to find out if anything can be done, please don't reply back that rates go up and down and it could've gone up, and I wouldn't be complaining, Yada Yada. I'm really just trying to find out if anything can be done.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

=X= used to grant credit for price reductions made after final payment was due then they changed that policy this year. Now they no longer give any credit when the price drops after final payment is due unless the cruise was booked BEFORE the policy change went into effect.

It is unlikely that any OBC will be granted in your case but it doesn't hurt to ask. One thing that might help is if you have a TA that books lots of business with Celebrity. If said TA asks on your behalf who knows what might happen.

This policy change was widely discussed here on CC with many posters expressing displeasure with the change. In fairness to Celebrity it always behooves one to read the mouse print governing refunds, credit and cancellations.

:o:o

If it's after final payment there are no more credits or reductions given (unless you booked prior to May 17)

You may be eligible for an upgrade if there is another cabin category you are interested in that is around the same price, is that an option for you?

I booked my first cruise with Celebrity a week and a half ago. I booked 2 rooms to celebrate both my husband and son's birthday. Today the price went down $200.00 per cabin. When my travel agent contacted Celebrity, she was told I was SOL since it's less than 60 days. I have cruised with different lines and was given onboard credits, but X will not do this.

My question is, has anyone been in this situation and received an onboard credit? If so, how did you do it?

I am only trying to find out if anything can be done, please don't reply back that rates go up and down and it could've gone up, and I wouldn't be complaining, Yada Yada. I'm really just trying to find out if anything can be done.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

No, and I tried. Mine went down by 50% in one case in 3 or 4 days (booked and paid in full within the final payment period), AND I had the name of the Rep who said in September they would give OBC. They will upgrade you though if a higher category is the same or less than you paid. In our case the higher categories are sold out.

And , note to Celebrity Exec's, although HAL (Carnival) publicaly states the same 48 hour policy you now have, many people here on CC have reported that they are, even now, giving OBC when requested.

Archived