What to pack????

kikiz

My hubby and I are booked for the Egypt and Aegean cruise leaving from Rome next month. We will, of course, be visiting Egypt, Turkey, Greece, and then back to Naples. Everyone is telling us that it will be hot there. But hubby found some international weather listing that didn't have much for the month of Nov but had Oct. listed in the low 70's. Can anyone help with either a better website or some info. I am obsessive-compulsive about packing and just don't know what to bring. THanks!:eek:

We sailed this itineary a few years ago. In some ports, mornings were very very cool, but it warmed up in the afternoon (not hot by any means, but pleasent), jacket and hat and gloves type of cool. In Egypt, it was pleasent during the day (usually no jacket or a light jacket), but in the evening, again very cool to the point that you had better have a jacket handy. I took a leather jacket as well as a couple of other lighter jackets, and was very glad I did.

I can not remember any of the ports on the itinerary I could say we had hot weather in November.

We did the same cruise in early Nov/06. The weather was warmish (low 70s, Egypt) to cool. I wore long pants with various tops that I could layer and a light jacket. I needed a jacket in every port except for those in Greece and Egypt - and even there, I wore a long-sleeved pullover. It's definitely not a warm weather cruise at that time of year.

I was at those ports a couple of years ago, in October '08. Cairo was downright hot at about 100 degrees, and stifling in the Egyptian Museum, which is not air-conditioned. It was a bit cooler in Greece and Turkey but still very warm in the mid- to upper-80s. Italy will be cooler.

What to pack? Layers. You'll need a light sweater for the A/C on the ship anyway. You don't need a lot of clothes as long as you can layer them and mix and match. Remember, shorts and sleeveless tops are not acceptable in churches and mosques. You'll be given a heavy, stinky, covering to put over yourself if you do; not something i'd want. I had one 26" suitcase for a 28-day cruise plus four days in Athens.

Archived