NCL Meet & Greet?

mzoom

I am sure that this questions comes up over and over but I have not seen the answer here recently. I have read in some reviews of NCL ships that groups that have formed here on cruise critic have been accomadated with a room in which to hold a meet and greet. Some have even been treated very special and been invited to the Captain's dinner and had cocktails and all kinds of nice things! I'm writing to ask if someone knows who to contact to plan such a meeting. I've also read that NCL doesn't really have a connection with cruise critic and therefore doesn't advertise that they are available to assist. Will stay tuned to see if any of you seasoned cruisers can help?????

Thanks!

Mzoom

Hi MZoom:)

We are cruising to the Mexican Riviera on March 21st. We have a cruise critic meeting planned on the Star. The person who is hosting our meeting is Jennifer Hoadley who works at NCL. I got her name from another post about 6 weeks ago. I emailed her and inquired about setting up a meeting spot and she was very accomadating. What she wants me to do is to get back to her closer to time with the number of guests attending the meeting and then she will send the request to the ship for confirmation.

She said the meetings are normally held at the Star lounge . I arranged and attended one last year on the Sun and there was a lady there to greet us with a cruise critic sign. We did not receive any special perks on the Sun, but we sure did when we were on the Star a few years ago in Hawaii.

Everyone at the meeting at first was served hordourves and drinks, and then every afternoon we all had "goodies" delivered to our stateroom...Shrimp, cheese and crackers, chocolates, fruit etc. We were also given vip passes to get off the ship early in port and also when we disembarked! I don't really expect this ever to happen again. This type of cruise critic meeting probably only happens in paradise!

If you want to contact Jennifer (Norwgian Star Coordinator) her e-mail is JenniferHoadley@NCL.com

I have not called her but this is the phone number 1 800 327-7030 ext. 7768

You did not say what ship you are cruising on, but if it is not the Star she can probably set you up with a contact person.

Hope this Helps...Sharon:cool:

I'm cruising on the Spirit on March 18th and so far we have 43 confirmed for our Meet & Greet. I have been in contact with Christina @ NCL and she has been wonderful to work with.

I first emailed her and asked her what she needed. She told me she needed to know the names/cabin #'s of all the passengers expected to attend at least 2 weeks prior to sailing.

Then this past week, a month before sailing, she emailed me again asking me if we had decided when we were going to meet and how many. This time I called her @ 1(866)625-1159 Ext:7777.

I told her we were thinking about 12 noon on Saturday (we leave on Friday night). She asked me if we would like some of the Ships Staff to show up, and of course, I said Yes. I also told her that if 12 noon was not convenient for the Staff, we would be willing to change the time. She told me she would get in touch with the person on board the Spirit and let me know.

Not 2-3 hours later, I received an email from her as follows:

> Hi,Elaine

>

> Here is your confirmation:

>

> Sat,3/19,Time:12:00pm-1:00pm,Location:Celebrity Disco

> Thanks,

> Christina

>

>

So, I'm hoping that 12 noon is a good time for the Ships Staff to attend (I did check the daily freestyle newsletter and nothing is happening that time on Saturday) and I'm thinking because we have a large group, that's why we're meeting in the Disco.

Christina's email address is CHernandez@ncl.com and she has been great to me. I'll also let you know how it went when we get back.

Elaine :)

Hey all,:D

Does anyone want to join us in a limo rental to and from the airport? We are going on the NCL STAR on March 5th. I hear that its the same price if we can get 2 or 3 couples together !! I was reading it was like $45.00 a hour with a 3 hour min. Maybe on the way back we could go see the sights in LA in the limo while sipping champagne?!?!?! My wife and I are 31 and been married for 12 years this March. Our flight comes in at 9:00am Saturday in LAX. Our return flight is not till 9:00pm out of LAX on the 14th . SO, we have time to kill. We would like to meet some new friends . Please post and lets all have a kickass time!!!!! We are from Eugene, OR.

Justin & Lisa

mr02_8d.gif

Carnival Ecstasy 02:rolleyes:

Grand Princess 03:D

NCL *STAR*05:confused:

Archived