Mercury - 12 day Carribean - laundry advice

MMsteffey

Hi -- we are experienced cruisers who travel carry-on only (even before new luggage fees) and will be on our first Celebrity cruise on 12/20. I don't see self-serve laundry facilities on board -- are there any? Is there a "laundry Special" mid - cruise? (Princess does this) Or, can you recommend fluff-n-fold in any of these ports -- Labadee, Samana,Tortola, St. Maartin,St. Kitts, Antigua? (We've done this in Mexico).

Thanks!

There is no self serve laundry on board. There are usually no laundry specials unless you are select or elite Captains Club (past Celebrity cruisers with 5 or more cruise credits) except for an end of cruise bag of laundry special that is sometimes offered.

Personally, if it were me I'd just count on spending $50 to $100 on laundry. We typically spend $20 to $50 on laundry even with large cases, but we usually do at least a few days pre-cruise. The laundry coupons and specials are nice and usually worth around $20 to $50 in discounts.

Even when they offer a bag of laundry special on board it is usually around $29 if not associated with a Captains Club discount and the most I've squeezed into one of those bags is $45 to $50. While that is a nice deal it only represents a $15 to $20 savings - nothing to sneeze at but not a deal breaker either. Also - the bag of laundry special is wash and fold only and does not include pressing shirts and slacks which the per peice rates do.

Archived