Baltimore Parking

If you're going North on 95, it's the first exit immediately after the tunnel. I'm assuming if you're coming south, it's the last one before the tunnel. Just follow the signs for the cruise ships - it's really very easy and the directions in the cruise docs are good.

It costs $10/day paid up front in cash. There's a guard gate, so I'm assuming it's guarded 24/7. The system is very easy. On the way in, you drive around and drop off your luggage and then go park and get a bus back to the terminal. At debarkation, you get your bags (there's porters all over too) and bring them to the bus where they're put into the luggage compartment. You and your luggage will be dropped in the parking lot. Very efficient operation.

Have fun on your cruise. We just got back, wish we were looking forward to another one.

Hey Chuck....I don't know exactly how much the fee is to park or if is protected 24/7, but I can tell you how to get there.

The directions are really easy. We dropped off and picked up my in-laws last month and it was a breeze. It was such a breeze that my husband and I are going in September on the Grandeur. Ok, here it goes.

Directions:

I-95 South to Exit 56. You will see the toll signs for the tunnel - don't worry the exit is right before the tunnel and you don't have to pay or sit in that line of traffic.

Note: When you start to see the signs for the tunnel get in the right hand lane and stay there because it will dump you off right into the exit ramp.

The ramp bends to the left and you come to a stoplight. Make a left.

Stay on this road. This is Keith Avenue stay on this for about a mile. It bends to the right and don't worry it turns into Broening Highway - Samething.

Another note: after the road bends immediately get in the right hand lane to make future turn. We made this mistake and had a whole bunch of people cut us off. Not fun. Also, if there is a huge line of tracter trailers- go around them (their waiting to get in!)

Next you'll make the first right into the Industrial Park/ Port of Baltimore- you'll immediately go to the right side where there will be people directing you where to go. They will want to see you RCI booklet and will give a colored sheet based on if your dropping off, picking up or in your case parking for the whole trip.

Most ports usually charge between $20-$25/day to park.

I hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Grandeur of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Nordic Empress 6/2003

Explorer of the Seas 10/2001

Hey there...

Ok off topic, but are your going into Baltimore a day in advance?

Was just at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore this week-end. One of my most favorite places to spend a week-end.... We are a five hr drive from the harbor and will fight the bridge traffic ....just love it.

Go to Phillips crab house, if you are in the night before...Get a table outside looking over the harbor. You will love it.

Enjoy,

Janet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike&Lorraine:

It costs $10/day paid up front in cash. There's a guard gate, so I'm assuming it's guarded 24/7. The system is very easy. On the way in, you drive around and drop off your luggage and then go park and get a bus back to the terminal. At debarkation, you get your bags (there's porters all over too) and bring them to the bus where they're put into the luggage compartment. You and your luggage will be dropped in the parking lot. Very efficient operation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to say, it's only efficient if there's not a pouring down rain (like we had getting off of the Galaxy last year. Also have one member of your party get in the porter line while everybody else tries to find your luggage, otherwise there will be a big line for the porters.

Galaxy 6/03, Carnival Pride 7/02, Voyager of the Seas 7/01, Grandeur of the Seas 07/00, Enchantment of the Seas 06/99, Carnival Destiny 7/98, Grandeur of the Seas 7/97, Sensation 6/96, Imagination 8/95, Carnivale 7/90, Festivale 7/89, Seaward (Norweigan Sea) 7/88, Carnivale 9/86

<MARQUEE>Next up, the Mariner 6/04<MARQUEE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smoothdancer:

Hey there...

Ok off topic, but are your going into Baltimore a day in advance?

Was just at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore this week-end. One of my most favorite places to spend a week-end.... We are a five hr drive from the harbor and will fight the bridge traffic ....just love it.

Go to Phillips crab house, if you are in the night before...Get a table outside looking over the harbor. You will love it.

Enjoy,

Janet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second the Inner Harbour and Phillips. Great seafood buffet. That's what we did last year on the Galaxy, got the Hyatt for $55 from Priceline. But watch the pools that first day. They are filled up from they Chesapeake Bay and they were too cold to stand last year in early June.

Galaxy 6/03, Carnival Pride 7/02, Voyager of the Seas 7/01, Grandeur of the Seas 07/00, Enchantment of the Seas 06/99, Carnival Destiny 7/98, Grandeur of the Seas 7/97, Sensation 6/96, Imagination 8/95, Carnivale 7/90, Festivale 7/89, Seaward (Norweigan Sea) 7/88, Carnivale 9/86

<MARQUEE>Next up, the Mariner 6/04<MARQUEE>

Archived