Did We Make a MISTAKE??

Lady_Gamecock

Please leave them home. They won't remember and you will have a better time and so will we.

Wow. I can't imagine how they could be a problem for you, unless they are bunking w/ you. Had we known she was off for the whole of Thanksgiving week, We would have brought our granddaughter along for our cruise.

Please leave them home. They won't remember and you will have a better time and so will we.

It is absolutely shocking to me that you would come onto the Family Board and post a comment like this. It is bad enough that parent's have to put up with these rude comments elsewhere in the CC forum, but this is supposed to be a supportive environment for cruising families.

To the OP, this post represents the vocal minority I addressed in my post to you. You will absolutely not find this attitude once onboard your Princess cruise. Go, enjoy and make wonderful family memories!!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise. My DH and I do not have any children (by choice) but we both enjoy seeing families with "well behaved" children enjoying themselves on vacation. On the flip side, we don't do well around "unruly brats" that parents ignore.

Sherri and Clay

I agree with your attitude regarding well-behaved children or not. We were on a Thanksgiving week cruise with 300 children on board, many of whom were not supervised and running up and down the halls at all hours.

Sad to say these are the kind of people who give the rest of us bad names! Read the posts above. If you parent your children well, you will not disturb even this type of curmudgeon! You have every right to bring your children on a cruise. I hope you have a great time.

The giveaway is in the name 'EvilRoy'...you made me laugh out loud! Everybody so positive then 'THUMP' here's EvilRoy! I wonder if you are related to Evil Edna...?:p

Me n my hubby are sadly sans offspring, and I like cruising because there aren't many pre-school kids or babies to remind me I don't have them, when compared to a land-based vacation.

Having said that the organisation for kids on Princess is so outstanding you hardly see them anyway. I always recommend to my friends with school-age kids that they try cruising, it's an excellent family holiday, it's a safe closed enviroment, they have excellent kids programmes so Mum and Dad can have some relaxing time too - like everyone else apart from EvilRoy has said, the staff bend over backwards, and everyone loves well behaved kids, and they always look SO CUTE in their finery at (early!) dinnertime!

I do appreciate it when parents keep the kids out of adults only pools etc. As long as they're not running around the dining room screaming, good on 'em I say! If they are running around the dining room screaming (it's difficult to negotiate with a 2 year old, screaming and running happens!) then extraction would be the polite thing to do...It's just basic manners!

Our only negative experience after 14 cruises was a school-holiday-time cruise in the South Pacific, the teenagers were running up and down the halls until very late at night, followed closely by security. Not that much of a bother, but changing everyone's 'do not disturb' signs and breakfast menus was! Cheeky little bleeders.

Our fault for taking a cruise in school holidays!

On that cruise there were 500+ kids on board but the teenagers were the only ones causing trouble!

I have seen the 'GrumpyOldMan' character staring down kids on a cruise ship, but he was staring down everyone else too - some people just don't feel right unless they are complaining - so don't take it personally!

TTFN, Kiwi35 :)

We have 6 sons ranging from 22 to 8 and one gorgeous little granddaughter and we have always taken our kids wherever we go (that is child appropriate of course) so they always knew how to behave and what was expected of them. Personally I loved seeing the little ones on deck, they were so curious and adorable! Our 8 and 10 yr olds ate in the MDR with us every meal (we had to drag them away from the childrens program) and were well behaved and used their best manners and the staff was wonderful with all the children. I doubt its anyones child that makes the cranky people cranky, if they can come onto a beautiful ship on a warm tropical holiday and still be cranky then thats their problem and likely how their entire life goes, dont let them dampen your cruise, in fact smile and be extra nice, that drives those types crazy ;)

Archived