Few questions about Ventura

littlesteelo

Hi, We're sailing on the Ventura next July (N120), and just had a few questions. Firstly, I am considering upgrading our cabins from 2 insides to perhaps outsides or balconys, and was wondering what the chances were of getting free upgrades from an inside cabin if at all, and how long should I should wait before upgrading? We booked with a travel agent, if that makes a difference. Secondly, I've heard that shore excursions are charged to the onboard expense account. Since we have £600 free credit :D, I would prefer to pay upfront for the trips, like we did with RCI, so it actually feels like we have £600 to spend onboard. And lastly, regarding the kids club, do the teens (age 13 and 17) require signing up like the younger kids, or is it simply a drop-in, drop-out kind of thing? (my son asked about that one :) )

Never bank on getting an upgrade, they are few and far between. We always book the cabin grade we want and then if the upgrade fairy visits it is a bonus.

If you book your excursions online then they are charged to your onboard account, if you wait until onboard they are still charged to your onboard account.

Yes you will only have a remote chance of getting an automatic upgrade, and if you apply for one, in most cases they charge full price.

Cannot pre pay for your excursions, they are always taken from your on board account. You can pre book them through your on line Cruise Personaliser account, and print off a copy of what you have booked and the price, but cannot pay for them up front.

Sorry don't know about the kids clubs.

Photos of Ventura available on my photo site, just click on the red Flik'r below my signature.

Archived