Stroller vs. Ergo at these ports

CruiserInMD

Hello! We are going on a cruise with ports at Labadee Haiti, Samana DR, San Juan PR, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Tortola. We will have our 19 month old son with us, an umbrella stroller and the Ergo.

I'm wondering if anyone knows/remembers which islands were ok to bring an umbrella stroller along to. I think St. Thomas has easy to maneuver sidewalks in town that should be ok. And San Juan was not good at all for a stroller because of cobblestones, etc. Not sure about the others, although for beaches, we'll bring the ergo.

Any input on this?

We too will be travelling with the same combination, although I don't find the ergo warm to wear even in the middle of summer, so I think it may be our choice most of the time. Plus it's easy to carry if DS2 wants to walk.

When do you leave? We will be back in early January and are also going to St. Martin and St. Thomas.

B&Z- Our cruise departs on Dec 6.

Thanks, clairesmom. I figured we'd use the ergo most of the time, since it's such a pain going in and out of stores with a stroller and I'm sure there will be lots of hills and uneven terrain in non-shopping areas. We do the back carry and will be giving him breaks to walk around, especially for the forts at Old San Juan.

Archived