SNUBA Excursion on Splendour AWESOME

icemom

We did the SNUBA excursion through RCI and it was absolutely the best excursion we did all week. At 7:30 AM, we boarded the catamaran and headed out for the 30-35 minute ride to Rendezvous Caye - a beautiful dot of sand in the middle of the Caribbean............with about 8 palm trees and a small beach. What a piece of paradise! Our instructors/guides were Alberto, Patt, Dorian, Taevis and Conrad - a great group of guys who thoroughly explained everything and were happy to answer any questions and help out when they could.

There were only 8 people doing the SNUBA - probably 75 doing the snorkel tour.

Each "raft" holding the oxygen tanks has 4 twenty foot hoses attached to the tanks. Thus only 4 people to a snuba group - which is really nice! When doing SNUBA the deepest you can dive is 20 feet. It's deep enough for first timers and/or not-so-experienced. I was a little nervous but we had a great guide. I did not want to be a problem to the other three in my group, so I explained to our guide that I was going to take it slow and asked him not to hold up the other three for me. They use hand signals and as long as I gave him the "ok" sign, he was fine with my tagging behind!!! The sealife is absolutely beautiful, the water is so clear.

It's just a totally different experience than I could have imagined and well worth the expense. If we ever cruise to Belize, I will be sure to do this again.

After the snuba, we were served rum punch/sodas. What a fantastic memory!!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at cotmom@yahoo.com.

Maureen

Hi that sounds great!

I have never scuba dived before and not really ever wanting to but I enjoy snorkeling.. Is it scary at all..that is the reason I don't like scuba. Kinda freaky.

Is this an excursion you would recommend for a 32 year solo female traveler.(safety wise)

Hi -

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - it seems that I can't always access these boards. To answer your question, yes, this trip is absolutely safe for anyone. We went directly from the ship onto the catamaran and off to Snuba. There were many people on the boat and many guides.

Snuba isn't scary and if you can snorkel, you'll be able to snuba. Just take your time and pay attention to the instructor/guide so that you remember the hand signals. If you're okay it's one signal, if you need help, it's another and so on. The guide often gave me the okay signal and as long as I "okayed" back, he was fine with that. The guide is always under water with the 4 in your group.

If you're going to Belize, do this!! I can't recommend it enough.

Maureen

Archived