C1,c2,c3

Spanky My

We have a booking for C3 in February was just curious what the differences were and if we should do something different or stay put... We got a decent price so not sure if any move would be a good one as I said first time with Celebrity and balconies and or CC class....Spanky My

We have a booking for C3 in February was just curious what the differences were and if we should do something different or stay put... We got a decent price so not sure if any move would be a good one as I said first time with Celebrity and balconies and or CC class....Spanky My

The Millinneum is one pf the M-Class ships. On these ships the C class cabins are larger and the C1s have huge balconies. We had one in May and loved it. We had a C3 and at some point a C1 became available for a price difference we were happy with (don't even remeber what is was!), so we upgraded

Pricing is so subjective.. My thought: if a C1 aft balcony is available at a price that is attractive to you - go for it. It is probably rare to find a balcony that large on any line that is not an expensive suite.

I have never cruised before but for my first cruise (Solstice, Dec. 5th), I have been doing a lot of research.

C1 = most expensive of the 3. These are located at the aft section of the ship. Although these may have larger balconies, people have reported problems with soot. Another problem with this location is the lack of shade and privacy in the balcony. If you are a sun loving person, lack of shade should not be a prpblem for you.

C2 = middle of the C range. Located at the angled 'hump' section of the ship. Usually a bigger balcony. Not sure if the room itself is larger.....but I could be wrong.

C3 = lower of the C range. Located between the 'humps' of the ship.

Hope this helps.

I agree with the other posters that different sub-categories within a category is usually location, location, location (with some exceptions as previously noted). However, what the cruise line may consider to be a better location may not be what you consider to be a better location. For example, on our up-coming Infinity cruise I picked a C3 cabin because it is located directly across the deck from the center set of elevators. This means that wherever you happen to be located at any given moment, and you want to return to your cabin, you can take the closest set of elevators (three on the M-class ships) and not have to back-track to get to your cabin (can reduce walking considerably). Walking is not an issue for me, but my wife has disability problems and saving unnecessary walking can make a big difference in her enjoyment of a cruise.

Just another thing to consider.....

Archived