Help finding hotel we stayed in in Seattle

Gingee

About four and a half years ago we stayed in a hotel in Seattle. Now we will be revisiting Seattle and are trying to find the place. I don't know if it is considered downtown or what. I know we walked (going out of hotel) to the right. There was also a very busy street there. I think out our window was some old buildings. If we walked straight ahead about five blocks we were at Pikes Market. It wasn't a fancy hotel but it was fine for us. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

About four and a half years ago we stayed in a hotel in Seattle. Now we will be revisiting Seattle and are trying to find the place. I don't know if it is considered downtown or what. I know we walked (going out of hotel) to the right. There was also a very busy street there. I think out our window was some old buildings. If we walked straight ahead about five blocks we were at Pikes Market. It wasn't a fancy hotel but it was fine for us. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

They've torn down or modified so many buildings in that area that it would be hard to put a finger on anything. Nothing you have mentioned sounds familiar now.

There's a dolphin mural inside the Hotel Monaco - Dolphin Mural - Hotel Monaco - Seattle 4 Star Hotel

The Monaco is on a busy street, around 5 blocks from the Pike Market, and some of the windows would face older buildings. However turning right outside the main door (facing 4th Avenue) would not take you toward the Pike Market, it would take you the wrong way.

The Executive Pacific Hotel is right across the street. It's an older hotel; you would turn right from there to go to the Market. It was built in the 20s and was originally called the Hungerford. Before the Hungerford went under and got re-branded it was generally regarded as a dump - I know; I used to have to stay there on business trips. Oy.

Executive Pacific - http://www.executivehotels.net/downtownseattlehotel/s_seattle_home.cgi

Monaco - http://www.monaco-seattle.com/

Just guesses.

OP- Look at Google Maps street view now that there's a short list of hotels. Or check your credit card records. If you don't save them, banks usually have them available online going back a long time provided the card is still active.

Archived