Looking for Authentic Cuban Sandwich in Tampa

catradho

We're staying at La Quinta near the airport in Tampa and have a car for a day. Where should we go for a cuban sandwich?? Any other recommendations welcome as well.

Thanks.

Ybor City would be the place to get the real thing,,,not too far from where you are staying,,,ask at the front desk for directions...Try the Columbia REstaurant,,its authentic Spanish...:)

You will receive many different opinions as to which is the authentic. I've lived in Tampa many years and the "best" seems to change every year. And, the best is not always the authentic. I love the Cuban sandwich so I would recommend the La Tropicana on 7th Av in Ybor City or the Alessi Bakery on Cypress (closest to where you are staying.)

La Tropicana Cafe

1822 E 7th Ave

<H4 class=textHeading>Alessi Bakery & Deli

2909 W Cypress St

</H4>

Best cuban food I've had is this hole in the wall restaurant called La Teresita in Tampa. I live in Atlanta now and I haven't found cuban food that even comes close. La Teresita is great.

There also used to be a little shop in Ybor called the Silver Ring that had awesome cuban sandwiches. Don't know if it's still there though.

Archived