Got upgraded at check in to Q

bfoot34

Much to my surprise we were upgraded to the Q catagory at check in time. We were in 9048 the week of 2/12/05. What a great surprise for my wife's St. Valentine Birthday!

Putting that aside, the QM 2 is a fantastic ship. It is large. I heard elderly people most likely over the age of 80 complain about having to walk long distances. Quit true, but, what a beatiful ship.

The entertainment was the best we have witnessed in 10 cruises. They have 16 dancers and 4 professional singers in their stage productions. All of them were great. LIke being on Broadway! Even better.

The food was outstanding. The service was a 10 out of 10.

I will take the QM2 on any cruise I take in the future. No other ship can match it.

For those who are taking the QM2 this year are in for a great time regardless of what catagory because everyone is treated to the same great time the ship provides.

:)

We were on the 14 day Mediterranean cruise in October, 2004 and 3 DAYS before we left Vancouver for London (for a one week's pre-cruise stay), we received the news that we were upgraded to Queen's Grill, Q5....notwithstanding we pre-selected our stateroom at the B1 category level some 2 years previously. What a wonderful surprise!

The service was impeccable; Queen's Grill dining was magnificent and yes, we did grab a bite at the buffet, so we didn't restrict ourselves to Queen's Grill at all times and found the service fantastic no matter where you dined or had cocktails. Todd English was lovely and definitely enjoyed it but our dining experiences at the Queen's Grill were just as magnificent.

The ship is amazing and was such a pleasure. Being in Queen's Grill accommodation and all that went with it, certainly made one 'dress' more elegantly even on the non-formal evenings but, hey, how many times does one experience such an upgrade.

Can't agree more with 'bfoot34'...food, service, ship...10 out of 10.

This cruise was in celebration of my husband's 55th birthday and we attended the 'QM alumni" gathering as my husband emigrated to Canada on the original Queen Mary as a very small child in 1951. The stories that were shared by previous Queen Mary passengers were heartwarming and Cunard did a magnificent job in bringing passengers, crew and loved ones together in this venue. The nostalgia was amazing.

This was a cruise of a lifetime and we will forever remember coming upon this magnificent ocean liner at the Port of Southampton and enjoying each and every moment of our 14 days upon her. One can always look for negatives but we found not one. We enjoyed every minute on her and will cherish every moment we had.

We are off on another cruise in 5 weeks and although will be different from our experience on the QM2, it will be very special in its own right. So anyone embarking on the QM2, we wish you a bon voyage and happy memories.

WE were in the lowest P catagory. When we checked in we were told we were in stateroom 9048. I knew immediately that we had been upgraded. Not bad. Great experience. Further, our Q was Q 5 in the middle of deck 9.

What grade were you booked in for ? We are in P1 on 16 Apr 05. Did you ask for a Q at check in or did they just do it ?

We have a cabin on the middle of the 9th floor (Q5) in August & I can't wait. Are the views good from the balcony - I note that the lifeboats are directly below us. How was the butler service?

We were in the middle of deck 9 (upgraded from a B1 to a Q5!) and the lifeboats were no issue unless you are looking straight down. Our butler (Nicolas) was amazing. The cabin is outstanding. We met people in the Q2 and Q3 suites. I asked what they did with more than 550 square feet of space- mostly they used it to host cocktail parties. Don't miss tea in the Queen's Grill Lounge every day!

We have a cabin on the middle of the 9th floor (Q5) in August & I can't wait. Are the views good from the balcony - I note that the lifeboats are directly below us. How was the butler service?

The view is ok as long as you don't mind the life boats right below the balcony. The butler service was outstanding. You will absolutely love it.

Jerry

We were in the middle of deck 9 (upgraded from a B1 to a Q5!) and the lifeboats were no issue unless you are looking straight down. Our butler (Nicolas) was amazing. The cabin is outstanding. We met people in the Q2 and Q3 suites. I asked what they did with more than 550 square feet of space- mostly they used it to host cocktail parties. Don't miss tea in the Queen's Grill Lounge every day!

What suite were you in? We were in 9048. Nick was great. Both of us were very lucky. Did you give ane extra tip. We gave him an extra $40. Hope that was enough.

Jerry

bfoot34- we were in Cabin 9038. We gave Nicolas an extra $75. He did some extras for us because my wife and I were celebrating the 30th anniversary of our first date.

2moose- The butler will do anything within reason that you want him/her to do- from room service to helping with getting questions answered to having shoes shined. We didn't come across a request that wasn't handled. It is a real treat. :)

Archived