QM2 Ladies Formal dress ???

Lumberton-Lady

I am wondering if I am going to have to buy a full length "ball gown" for the formal nights....I have numerous lovely tea length dreassy dresses that I think will be fine, but don't want to look rediculous when everyone else is wearing full length. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

You do not have to. No one will be holding a gun to your head whilst you are dressing for a formal night.

If you want to buy one then go ahead and do so. Not every floor length evening gown is expensive, there are more economical options.

Here are some ideas for you.

sharon-stone-john-galliano-spring-2009-bafta-awards-2009.jpg.fb76c001883a2acc35dbb8a0ed459c39.jpg

Red can be very striking.

kylie-minogue-chanel-2002-couture-bafta-awards-2009.jpg.3c6c0753d06b27bec663d92e6de41ed9.jpg

If short is your thing then this is something I'd suggest.

images.jpeg.29868c6521933925bd3235728be326fa.jpeg

This sketch is beautiful and I'd start here.

OMG what is a tea length dress?

The closest thing I have to a dress is my dressing gown!

Maybe I could tart that up.

I've got black slacks, smart tops. shopping trip cancelled due to shoulder operation and in a sling until the day before we leave, I guess I'll give you all something to complain about, but I'll have a damned good time anyway, are you brave enough to join me?????

I was there last week, enjoyed the cruise and a TA. I do not own a gown, and would not buy one unless a spouse is wearing a TUX.

I was there last week, enjoyed the cruise and a TA. I do not own a gown, and would not buy one unless a spouse is wearing a TUX.

Hi cferro. Glad you enjoyed your voyage. With respect, we differ in that even my spouse decided not to wear a tuxedo on formal nights, I would still wear a gown. And if I decided not to wear a gown, my spouse would still wear his tuxedo. It would not be a problem if either of us decided not to adhere to the dress code, but happily the dress code is one issue with which we do not disagree.

BTW, on more than one occasion, tablemates who travelled solo dressed in gowns or tuxedos. I personally that found quite charming, in addition to appreciating their unabashed respect for themselves and others :)

Cheers,

Salacia

Hi cferro. Glad you enjoyed your voyage. With respect, we differ in that even my spouse decided not to wear a tuxedo on formal nights, I would still wear a gown. And if I decided not to wear a gown, my spouse would still wear his tuxedo. It would not be a problem if either of us decided not to adhere to the dress code, but happily the dress code is one issue with which we do not disagree.

BTW, on more than one occasion, tablemates who travelled solo dressed in gowns or tuxedos. I personally that found quite charming, in addition to appreciating their unabashed respect for themselves and others :)

Cheers,

Salacia

Salacia, have you ever worn the Tuxedo whilst your spouse sported a nifty little Gown, I was just pondering alternatives. :) It would make a memorable photo opportunity.

Salacia, have you ever worn the Tuxedo whilst your spouse sported a nifty little Gown, I was just pondering alternatives. :) It would make a memorable photo opportunity.

It sure would make for an interesting photo opportunity. But which of us would get to hold the teddy bear?:D

Did you mean, the teddy, bare?? I have nothing really that I can say.

It would definitely be only the teddy bear photographed in a teddy, bare. I certainly wouldn't want to add to the congestion around the ship's photographers :eek::D

have you ever worn the Tuxedo whilst your spouse sported a nifty little Gown,

Well there is the wonderful "Le Smoking" for us girls , ie tux, thanks to YSL I think. Wore it once, never had so much male attention! :)been too scared to sport it since.

Cap'n - trying P&O in Aug 11, wish us luck x

Well there is the wonderful "Le Smoking" for us girls , ie tux, thanks to YSL I think. Wore it once, never had so much male attention! :)been too scared to sport it since.

Hi Bishpam Boo. Heck, girlfriend, if you got it, flaunt it! Wear that YSL Womens Tux in good health and enjoy the attention. :)

Question: what kind of shoes do you wear with a tux on board? (Stiletto heels don't work for me while at sea.)

Cheers,

Salacia

have you ever worn the Tuxedo whilst your spouse sported a nifty little Gown,

Cap'n - trying P&O in Aug 11, wish us luck x

Bev, I am sure that you and Paul will enjoy yourselves, We always go with P & O at Christmas and it is great, a little different to Cunard and perhaps a step down but that aside it is good. Which ship are you on and where are you off to?

Archived