Caye Caulker

kurdav

Will be in Belize in less than 2 weeks. DH & I looking at taking the water taxi's to Caye Caulker independent of a ship's excursion. We are looking at doing some snorkeling. Any advice on this trip. We have really struggled on what to do in Belize. Cave tubing, ruins, zip lines, etc do not interest us. We are more interested in water activities as DH is a scuba diver and I am a snorkeler. Anyone know of a great snorkel operation in Caye Caulker?

We'd suggest that you look into Coral Breeze Tours where you have your ride to Caye Caulker included as well as great snorkeling & a local lunch on Caye Caulker as well as your trip back to the Tourist Village. What could be easier ?

We go with them twice each year & they are great !

Look up their web site & have a look see.

Bill in FL

I would agree with a ship or private tour if you want to snorkel the reef and shark ray alley. If a ship tour leaves from the ship, that would be best.

If you are looking at just hanging out on Cay Caulker, you can snorkel off the shore at the SPILT. Interesting there, but no comparison to the reef.

I am wondering the same thing. We will be there next week and we would rather not do an organized shore excursion. We would prefer to take water taxi over to the island ourselves and snorkel, but I'm not sure this is possible. Or can we find a tour operator on the island when we get there maybe? What else is there to do here? What are the beaches like?

Will be in Belize in less than 2 weeks. DH & I looking at taking the water taxi's to Caye Caulker independent of a ship's excursion. We are looking at doing some snorkeling. Any advice on this trip. We have really struggled on what to do in Belize. Cave tubing, ruins, zip lines, etc do not interest us. We are more interested in water activities as DH is a scuba diver and I am a snorkeler. Anyone know of a great snorkel operation in Caye Caulker?

Do it do it do it. we just got back from this trip. we had booked with a gentleman named Mario . he is definitely on island time though. it took me several weeks to hear back from him so i don't know if that would give you enough time. I am sorry i did not see your post before this. i hope you find someone.

My husband and I decided on the French Angel Exp. Caye Caulker tour in Belize. We will be there Tuesday November 23. The only problem is that there is a minimum of 4 people. We are looking at doing the Hol Chan Marine Reserve/Shark alley trip. Looks amazing! Well, we are the only two looking at this tour so far. If anyone has not found an excursion in Belize yet and would like to join us on this snorkel tour, it would be great to know that our tour will not be canceled before we even get there. Check them out; they have a website and click on the for cruise passengers.

Sarah

What is the web site adress and what are the charges. I am looking for an excusion for myself, my wife and 2 teenagers. Are you arriving on the Valor?

We will be on the Carnival Triumph. I am pretty sure that is the only ship in port on Tuesday. FrenchAngelExp is the site and they have two different snorkel tours for cruise ship passengers. The one we are looking to do is $45. Plus you have to buy your water taxi to Caye Caulker $10 each way. I think I found them from reviews on tripadvisor and so far they have been really great with communications/emails. We are really looking forward to the tour.

I also enjoyed the snorkeling & Caye Caulker tour with Coral Breeze. It had a little bit of everything: fun boat ride, snorkeling in two places, lunch on the island and time to explore the island on foot. It was a nice trip especially if it is your first time in Belize.

My husband and I decided on the French Angel Exp. Caye Caulker tour in Belize. We will be there Tuesday November 23. The only problem is that there is a minimum of 4 people. We are looking at doing the Hol Chan Marine Reserve/Shark alley trip. Looks amazing! Well, we are the only two looking at this tour so far. If anyone has not found an excursion in Belize yet and would like to join us on this snorkel tour, it would be great to know that our tour will not be canceled before we even get there. Check them out; they have a website and click on the for cruise passengers.

Sarah

Looked this up and only found information on TripAdvisor. Do you happen to have any contact information or a website address? Also, will you be responsible to get to Caye on your own? Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Booked Caye Caulker snorkeling tour through Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports. We had to wait two hours before we finally got started, no one seemed to be in charge of check-in.

Equipment was in poor shape, staff wasn't much help fitting it for my son. He got into a bit of trouble during the first snorkel segment because his fins were too big. Fortunately, one of the guides was very helpful in getting him back to the boat. Unbelievably, the main tour guide started yelling at the guy who helped my son. This totally baffled me, since the guy was doing his job!

At any rate, I won't use Coral Breeze again. Very disappointed, not the way to insure repeat business or good recommendations.

Archived