Mazatlan Frank

yourqueen165

For those of you that have used him, when do you pay the deposit? How many people to you have to put a deposit down for? When is the balance due? Has anyone gone with one of his partners? He is booked that day and would like to know if we would like to go with one of his partners. Thanks

K

For those of you that have used him, when do you pay the deposit? How many people to you have to put a deposit down for? When is the balance due? Has anyone gone with one of his partners? He is booked that day and would like to know if we would like to go with one of his partners. Thanks

K

I am set to use him in January-- it's a 5.00 per person X the number of people going on excursion pay deposit thru paypal. balance in cash after the excursion. I have read on cruise critic that he has many workers /partners so I am sure you would be safe an have a good time on excursion. Hope this helps! Julie G.

yourqueen165 - In October we were on the Mariner and since Frank was not available, our guide was Smiley, he was great, very accommodating and friendly. As was mentioned before the deposit was done via Paypal and final payment with cash at the end of the tour. Have fun and enjoy!

Mazatlan Frank is the best tour guide company in Mazatlan. They allow you the opportunity to customize your tour and you are always safe with him or his guides. I've used him many times and never been disappointed. Take the Colonial tour. It's a bit more but you will be so glad you did. It's a wonderful opportunity to see the real Mexico and meet its people. Silver jewelry is half the price of Puerto Vallarta, you visit a brickmaking business that has been making bricks the same way for hundreds of years, the furniture factory is awesome, the conrete tiles are great souveniers at about 3 bucks apiece and the lunch places he knows of are fabulous, clean with great food. Every guide in Mazatlan knows of him and he is a very respected businessman there. Have a great trip.

When in January are you going? We will be on the Splendor January 23rd. He sent me an email yesterday saying that the deposit was the cost of one person and to pay him through paypal. Thanks for the info.
I'm on the Spirit 1/14/2011 and get back the day you leave. I booked him 6 months ago and he just charged 5.00 per person X 4 so $20.00 total thru paypal. Julie G.

I did the "All Day City Tour" in Mazatlan with Frank's partner name Isamel (AKA "Smile") towards the end of Oct. 2010. Wow, Isamel was excellent!!! He was patient, friendly, had great customer service, and he took his time. You could tell he really enjoyed his job and wanted to make sure you were happy with your tour. I was very happy with Ismael and highly reccomend him. :)

I booked the tour in a private van so I made a $50 deposit through PayPal. Then the rest of the $200 balance after the tour was completed. It was worth every penny!

I have a newbie question... what about tipping? Those that have taken tours with Frank, or other private tours, do you tip 15-20% of the total cost of the trip to the guide, or just a flat $ amt? How does it work?
There are 4 ladies going on our tour we each tip about $20.00 each which is about 40-50%. The tour guides really go out of their way to make the trip fun and it is still cheaper than what you would pay with the cruise line. Julie G.

I have a newbie question... what about tipping? Those that have taken tours with Frank, or other private tours, do you tip 15-20% of the total cost of the trip to the guide, or just a flat $ amt? How does it work?

15-20% is pretty standard. However, when my friend and I went to Roatan last year we tipped our guide $20 each (tour was $40 each) We did a private tour and the guide and tour were fabulous. So, be sure and tip at least the 15% and above that depending on your experience.

Archived