family cruise legend or liberty?? help!!!

fracareka

I have not been on the Legend. Was on the Liberty in July. Was a good ship and good cruise. Freedom is the same class and it goes out of Ft. Lauderdale. Not much time difference from Miami. I like it better, it is newer and a better spa. But that is just my opinion. Yes I would go back on the Liberty again. Will try to anwser anyother questions you have. :p:p

I've been on both. Liberty is a slightly larger ship in terms of pax capacity. I loved both ships.

Liberty has a more wide open layout, especially the outdoor Lido area and buffet area. On Legend there are 3 seperate Lido areas with pools.

Liberty has a giant TV out on the Lido so you can watch movies under the stars. Legend does not.

Liberty has Fish-n-Chips. Legend does not:(

Liberty has a more whimsical yet kinda classy decor. Legend is very masculine.

Rooms are virtually identical except that Balcony cabins on Liberty have a door and a large picture window. Legend has "french doors" (only one side opens).

I agree with the others above, in that both ships are excellent. (We've done both a number of times.) I personally like "Legend" a bit better, but for a family reunion, with kids, the "Liberty" might work out better. Port of Tampa is better, IMO, and easier to embark/disembark.

For me it would work out to which ship I could get a better deal on, and which port would work out easier, and less expensive for me. You'll enjoy either!

"SKY"

I agree with SkyMaster. We were on the Liberty this time last year. Great ship and great cruise. We just got off the Legend this past Sunday, and it was an awesome cruise also. The Liberty is bigger, and maybe a little harder to navigate. Food was great on both ships. You wouldn't go wrong with either.

We sailed on the Liberty a couple of years ago. Very nice ship with more people! Seems the lines were long every time we went to eat, even in the off times. We were on Legend last week. Absolutely fell in love with this class of ship. So very easy to navigate. If you have kids with you who will be exploring on their own or older family members for that matter, I think the Legend wins hands down. With that being said, if your family is the type that would enjoy sitting outside under the screen in the evenings watching movies, the Liberty would be good. We love movies, but never made it out there because there were so many other things going on! We would sail either again in a minute but would choose based on price and ports.

Archived