Half Moon Cay-Private Cabana's

MarMac

Our cabana guy was “Mario” and was he ever great! He was always making sure we had everything we needed or wanted, he brought us extra towels too. [/size][/font]

BBQ lunch served to us in our cabana, wow we had enough food to feed an army, Mario took our orders for meats, so we all got what we wanted, he brought us all kinds of salads ( 5 different kinds I think), more cut-up fresh fruit, and deserts, The island BBQ is very good.

And for those of you who are hoping to get Mario for your cabana in the near future, you're out of luck....he's now on the Ryndam. :)

And for those of you who are hoping to get Mario for your cabana in the near future, you're out of luck....he's now on the Ryndam. :)
Awwwww, he really made our trip for us!, After that day in HMC, he never failed to acknoledge us and come over and make sure we were getting what we needed, and he always called us by our last names no matter how many times we told him to call us by our first name, I think he liked our last name hehehe "Martini" , yep we are Mr. & Mrs. Martini. He always had a beautiful smile for us and we hope to someday just be able to cross his path again! Thanks for letting me know A! :) And if you speak or see him, please give him our best!

Will do, Ziggy....now what's that surprise the butler springs on guests you were talking about??? :D
ok ok , but its the cook not the butler, your own personal cook is in full dress uniform when he comes to the island to cook your lunch, when your lunch is done he will arrive at your cabana, with a copy of your menu for lunch, and he signs it for you :) Pretty cool huh, your own menu order in print and signed by the cook :)

Awww how nice....and now I will have to fight my brother over it for sure. Maybe he will settle for the beach bag and I can get the menu home with me at the end of the week.....but then again, there's my mother who might want it too. Sheesh what a hassle! :)

On our visit to the island on our October cruise our stay was about 4 hours. The first tender leftfor the island at 8:00am. and the last one left the island at 12:30pm.... is a cabana really worth the price for this short time. I see lots of references to a "day" on the island but I'm not so sure the hours really come anywhere near a day long visit.

Jim

The yellow cabana is farthest down the beach and very isolated and they can not get the sand buggies down that far.

The price of $219 is for up to 4 people BUT you can book additional people for an additional fee.

I have the turquiose booked for my April/05 cruise because it is centrally located and not far from the restrooms and food pavillion.

With the outdoor connected decks they can hold 6 ppl comfortably.

Steve Hayes

Just booked the turquoise one for our April 16th cruise. Sounds like a great way to pamper yourselves. Cant wait!!!:cool:

on our new year's cruise. It is in a wonderful location and the service is great.

If you expect to be served lunch ask at the check-in on the island. We had to get our own but we've later found out that others without butler service have been served.

Watch for the "goody-grabbers" as some folks are not aware that the cabanas are private and will try to move in, take the water toys etc, or generally park in front of your door as there is shade at the tourquoise cabana.

HMC is wonderful, Enjoy it.

GN

100_0546.JPG.c9bcdfc188a2daf05a9cc9a0abf10137.JPG

Thanks to all of your reviews on the private cabanas, I decided to go online and try to reserve one. Didnt really expect to get it since we are sailing in April, but I got the confirmation #:D .

Sounds like a really GREAT way to pamper ourselves. Can't wait.

Lanson,

I tried last night but couldn't get it to work. It kept giving me a message to pick my times with a drop down box. The drop down box had no options in it except to cancel the excursion??? I hit the continue button but the same page and message kept coming back again. :rolleyes:

Bill

Lanson,

I tried last night but couldn't get it to work. It kept giving me a message to pick my times with a drop down box. The drop down box had no options in it except to cancel the excursion??? I hit the continue button but the same page and message kept coming back again. :rolleyes:

Bill

Bill,

It took me 3 tries, but eventually it worked. I tried three different colors first and they were waitlisted. Then I tried the turquoise and for the time, I just left the dropdown box on available. I'm pretty sure it worked, like I said, I got an email confirmation back. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was just fooling with it again with no luck. The only options in the drop down box are, remove tour, and pick time.

No other port calls have links to them yet on the excursion page except Half Moon Cay. Maybe they aren't available yet??

I tried calling on the phone last week and the nice lady said they weren't available yet and to call back March 1 to check. She said i was smart to book so far in advance since they sell out fast.

We are cruising July 23rd on the Zuiderdam.

Bill

Last April, we rented a cabana and were offered an unlimited beverage package for $15 per person. The cabana boys kept us well stocked with Heinekens, Margarhitas or what ever else we wanted throughout the day. They even had a bottle of Chivas Regal brought over from the ship, just because thats what one of us wanted. Well worth the $15 fee.

The cabanas are great.

Tim

Tim,

Is the beverage package always offered when you book a cabana or was this a special offered when you were at HMC? Also, do you know if you are expected to tip your "cabana boys" or does your normal shipboard tipping also cover them?

Thanks,

Richard

[quote name='jima53']On our visit to the island on our October cruise our stay was about 4 hours. The first tender leftfor the island at 8:00am. and the last one left the island at 12:30pm.... is a cabana really worth the price for this short time. I see lots of references to a "day" on the island but I'm not so sure the hours really come anywhere near a day long visit.

Jim[/QUOTE]We were there from 8 am to 4 pm the first week and the second week we were there from 9am - 4:30pm. so I thought it was worth it, but for just 4 hours I dont know, are they even having bbq lunch on the island, our bbq lunch time was 12 - 2 pm. Anyone else been there for half day ????

[quote name='richcrow']Tim,

Is the beverage package always offered when you book a cabana or was this a special offered when you were at HMC? Also, do you know if you are expected to tip your "cabana boys" or does your normal shipboard tipping also cover them?

Thanks,
Richard[/QUOTE]We are not drinkers, for heath reasons, but we never were offered any deals, but we never looked for them either, as far as tipping the cabana boys goes, we tipped them as it is not covered with shipboard tipping. Ours truly deserved it too, they were wonderful both weeks!:)

[quote name='Ziggy7']We are not drinkers, for heath reasons, but we never were offered any deals, but we never looked for them either, as far as tipping the cabana boys goes, we tipped them as it is not covered with shipboard tipping. Ours truly deserved it too, they were wonderful both weeks!:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the $15.00 pp bev. card mainly because I not seen it mentioned any of the posts concerning HMC. I was pretty sure that the cabana boys were not covered by shipboard tips, but wanted to make sure. Having an exectutive chef for a daughter, I firmly believe in tipping where it is deserved.

I enjoyed your pics. They really make you want your cruise to hurry up and get here.

Richard

[quote name='richcrow']Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the $15.00 pp bev. card mainly because I not seen it mentioned any of the posts concerning HMC. I was pretty sure that the cabana boys were not covered by shipboard tips, but wanted to make sure. Having an exectutive chef for a daughter, I firmly believe in tipping where it is deserved.

I enjoyed your pics. They really make you want your cruise to hurry up and get here.

Richard[/QUOTE]Just a little FYI, I heard that the onboard soda cards dont work on HMC either, but I dont get those either so I dont know for sure but have seen it mentioned here several times. I also heard they offer soda specials for the day as well. You might want to search for drink cards and see :)
Have a wonderful cruise and please say Hi to "MY" turquoise cabana hehehehe :)

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']Ziggy,
I've trying to book YOUR turquiose cabana for the last couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll have it booked soon.

Anybody have any suggestions for a certain color if the turquoise one is taken before I get it booked? Friends of ours had the pink one and loved it.

Bill[/QUOTE][size=3][color=black]Bill,[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black]we stayed in the Light Blue one the second week cause the turquise one was taken the second week, but really they all are the same.[/color][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=3][color=black]The locations of the cabanas, starting with the closest to the ship, is as follows:[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black] [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black]Tan[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black]Blue[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=3][color=black]Turquoise[/color][/size]
[/font][font=Verdana][size=3][color=black]Orange[/color][/size][/font][font=Verdana]
[size=3][color=black]Light Blue[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black]Purple[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=3][color=black]Pink[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black]Green[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black]Yellow[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black] [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=black]The Tan, Blue and Turquoise cabanas are the most convenient to the bathrooms. None of the cabanas are very remote, so getting to the food and bathroom areas wouldn't be much of a hike from any of them.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=3][color=black]I heard they added one more color but dont know its location. Any cabana would be nice tho[/color][/size] :)[/font]

Archived