HELP!! ?? with seattle hotel in May 2005

faw12345

:rolleyes: We are booked at the Best Westen Pioneer Square Hotel in Seattle WA for May 05. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this hotel- Good or Bad. I have never seen this hotel on the message board. Maybe that is bad???

It seems to be in a good location??? Please help! Never been to Seattle before. We are booked for the Diamond Princess for May 14, 2005.:)

Hello; My husband and myself and on this same cruise..Welcome aboard!

Join our group at the Roll call for this cruise on hte roll call board...

Sorry I have never stayed at that hotel..We are booked the day before the cruise at the Holiday inn at the airport and the day after at Red Lion Inn downtown..

:rolleyes: We are booked at the Best Westen Pioneer Square Hotel in Seattle WA for May 05. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this hotel- Good or Bad. I have never seen this hotel on the message board. Maybe that is bad???

It seems to be in a good location??? Please help! Never been to Seattle before. We are booked for the Diamond Princess for May 14, 2005.:)

How many nights?

:) Thanks for your help!! I will go to the reviews you mentioned. We (we are a lg group) have not decided how many nights we are staying. Probably only 1. We will be changing hotels now that no one knows anything about this hotel. I am going to look at the holiday inn and the Marriott waterfront or even near the airport (cheeper). I might just bit the bullett and stay somewhere nice. I guess I have some desisions to make!!:confused:

Thanks for the help!!

Best Western in Pioneer Square....I work about 3 blocks from that, and I gotta say I didn't even know there was a hotel there in that area. I think I would change to another one. It's not the best area at night (fine during the day) although a lot of nightlife around there. For pricey hotels: Marriott Waterfront, Alexis, Edgewater. Mid-priced: Vintage Park, Sheraton, Crowne Plaza.

Bill

The Hoilday Inn is not a very convenient location.

The Waterfront Marriott is pricey but an excellent location.

Search this board for Seattle hotel recommendations - tons of examples of rates and locations.

I know there isn't anything around the Holiday Inn, but our flight arrives in the evening so we were not looking for intertainment, just a warm bed..so that will work for us..That is why we chose the Red Lion for the last night so we can mess around downtown shopping.. Wish we were leaving today instread of in May..sure could use a vacation..

Hi Faw12345, 4 of us are on this cruise also, we are from Washington so will be driving to the Pier day of cruise. As far as a Hotel, I recommend the Silver Cloud that is situated on Lake Union just a stones throw from the Space Needle and Seattle Center and they will have a shuttle to the Pier. It ran us about $80 and you have a balcony over looking Lake Union where you can watch pontoon planes taking off and also the Space Needle. Nice pool area and its not right on the busy hub-hub. This is where we stay from now on. Not far from anywhere. Let me know if you need any more info, can also e-mail me also.....Roy

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to Seattle before and stayed at the Mayflower Park. It is right downtown and connects with WestLake Mall. This is where you board the monorail for a 2 minute ride to the Space Needle. It is also near Pike Place Market. If you have time these are 2 attractions you need to see and shouldn't take too long. It is not far from the dock so getting to the ship shouldn't be a big problem. check Hotels.biz for good rates then call the hotel direct. They honor rates found on travel websites.

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Pioneer Square last May before our cruise. It was a perfect location and the Inn was great for us. It is a Best Western so it is not a 5 star, but the service was wonderful. Being near downtown gave us something to do and a good choice of restaurants. Two of my fellow teachers stayed at different times and enjoyed it as much as we did. The Klondike National Park is in the area and they give free walking tours. It is a $5 cab ride to Terminal 30. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived