1st time on X - AQ or S2?

Travelalot2

We are diamond RCCL but have never cruised celebrity. After debating between going on the Serenade out of San Juan and trying out the new Eclipse, we decided to give X a try. We've been reading a lot on this board but now have to make a decision - Aqua Class in a hump room 1608 (mid-size balcony) or a S2 (2155) off the aft of the ship. We usually cruise on the aft on RCCL for the large balconys, but, it appears that the aft on the Eclipse is much different (although the S2 looks great!). The S2 suite is 1,000 more total for a 7 day with only 3 ports. Blu looks interesting - but so does the larger room and butler. Thoughts or recommendations?

That's really subjective! But here's my take:

Depending on the actual location, try the AQ hump balcony.

1) AQ is specific to X

2) Humps have larger balconies

3) Blu is only for AQ

4) $1000 can be spent at the spa, speciality dining, martini bar, etc :D)

Location: There is a Sticky at the top of the Celebrity forum where people have input Solstice Class cabin info (Eclipse is in this class).

If smoke is an issue avoid the port side, mid ship humps as they are directly beneath the smoking area of the pool deck.

Since you are Diamond on RCCL, you'll be Elite while on X. Make sure you tell you're TA so that you get those extra benefits.

Let us know what you decide,

Sara

Having done both on Solstice, I would do AQ. Two of us did AQ in March this year and the room was plenty big enough for us. the larger balcony, the Blu experience was wonderful. A few weeks ago, three of us were in S2 and while the extra cabin space was great for three of us, the butler was great, I was a tad disappointed in the MDR food. Doing it again, if it were just two of us, I wouldn't hesitate to book AQ again. Whatever decision you make, I'm sure you will have a great cruise!

You might want to look for the Blu menu's on this board. I personally find the menu's unappetizing, and would be ordering off of the MDR menu every night anyway, the menu's just don't suit my taste.

I am usually in the minory opinion, but I only cruise in suites and it's largely because of the extra space and the butler the upgraded service really makes a huge difference to me. I would recommend a suite over the AQ any day! But you will have a great cruise no matter what!! :)

Another vote for AQ....We were in AQ on Solstice in late September and really enjoyed it. We went mainly to relax and AQ fit the bill.

Main reasons:

-Blu - we enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Smaller room and more personal attention than the MDR were nice. There are many tables for two but it was possible to have a casual conversation with other neaby tables.

-Access to Persian Gardens and the relaxation room. Ahhhh!

You really can't go wrong either way so whichever you choose, have a great cruise!

I did AQ last month for 13days on Equinox and we loved it!

I am Diamond Plus with RCL and this was my first Celebrity cruise and I will prob not be back be back to RCL! We used the Persian gardens & Relaxation room lots and the attention & service in Blu is amazing. I too find the menu scary, so I just told the waiter what I liked and had the most amazing meals!

Enjoy your cruise, I doubt that you can make a bad choice of cabin, Enjoy!

Another vote for AQ. Blu is great, the relaxation room is perfect for unwinding and no one mentioned the shower, but it's quite a treat.

The aft balconies on this class offer very little privacy and do not have extended verandas.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise whichever way you go.

Archived