Port of miami parking

imscott66

Hello all, First cruise out of Miami and Im wondering about parking. I know there is parking at the port and its kind of expensive but how secure is it?

Any other suggestions? Maybe a little less expensive. Im concerned about security of the vehicle while gone. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

I have parked at the Miami port many times and I have never had a problem with the security of my vehicle.

It has always been there and in the same place I left it and the gas is still in the tank and no one has broken in.

I hope this helps.

Hello all, First cruise out of Miami and Im wondering about parking. I know there is parking at the port and its kind of expensive but how secure is it?

Any other suggestions? Maybe a little less expensive. Im concerned about security of the vehicle while gone. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

We just returned from a cruise and parked a few blocks from the port with a free shuttle back and forth. It was great...secure 4 story parking for under $90 for the week. They were great...shuttle runs every 15 minutes and it couldn't have been easier. Book in advance online at POM premier cruise parking. I think the URL is unitedairportparking.com (there's a link to the cruise parking).

We just returned from a cruise and parked a few blocks from the port with a free shuttle back and forth. It was great...secure 4 story parking for under $90 for the week. They were great...shuttle runs every 15 minutes and it couldn't have been easier. Book in advance online at POM premier cruise parking. I think the URL is unitedairportparking.com (there's a link to the cruise parking).

Thanks for the info NANSI...Looks great. Quoted $55.00 for 5 day cruise. Curbside dropoff is sweet...

How easy was it to find and get back on the shuttle at the end of the cruise? We'll be in a hurry to get on the road.

Well we did the "carry your own luggage off the ship" option, walked off the ship to the the middle median where the shuttle was waiting for us. We were on Alligator Alley heading back to Cape Coral by 10:30 am! Not too shabby :rolleyes:

A person I met on the cruise who also parked at the parking garage at the POM said that the parking was $20.00 per day, payable in advance. Cash only, no credit cards or debit cards. He thought that that was just a bit strange, cash only, and luckily he had enough money on him to pay. Only heard this from him, so someone else who has first hand knowledge may want to confirm this.

A person I met on the cruise who also parked at the parking garage at the POM said that the parking was $20.00 per day, payable in advance. Cash only, no credit cards or debit cards. He thought that that was just a bit strange, cash only, and luckily he had enough money on him to pay. Only heard this from him, so someone else who has first hand knowledge may want to confirm this.

Oh that sounds a little suspicious! We booked online with a Credit Card and paid $89 for the week with all taxes and fee included. Just had to show our receipt we printed out at home and that was it. The person you talked to could have parked right at the port for $20 a day!

Hi - can I just jump in here (instead of starting a new thread) and ask what the parking through unitedairportparking near POM was like? ie: was it safe and secure, was the shuttle on time etc?

We're going on our first cruise May 2011 and they're quoting a great rate for parking our rental car. Already have Intercontinental booked for night before we leave, again got a great rate through tips from folks on here.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hi - can I just jump in here (instead of starting a new thread) and ask what the parking through unitedairportparking near POM was like? ie: was it safe and secure, was the shuttle on time etc?

We're going on our first cruise May 2011 and they're quoting a great rate for parking our rental car. Already have Intercontinental booked for night before we leave, again got a great rate through tips from folks on here.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Libby, scroll back to post #3 for more info. We did it and it was great!! We plan to use them again in the future!

Thanks Nancy, I'm glad you were pleased with the service they provided - I'll book it next week! It suits us fine as we sort of know know the area from previous trips to Miami. I really didn't want to go anywhere near the airport to drop the car off, and also didn't want to pay $20 a day to park at the Port. It's actually just as cheap for us to hire the car for the duration of our trip (2 weeks) and pay for parking, than it is to do two separate 3.5 day rentals each side of our cruise.

Archived