Epic...what time at the 45 day mark can we book entertainment?

goingtocruise

At what time on the 45th day before the cruise can we book entertainment and dining? Will it be available at 12:01am, 6:00am or is it just random? I am prepared to stay up all night since the only reason we booked this cruise was because of the entertainment. Not a big fan of the eastern caribbean and my favorite part of past cruises is getting to know our tablemates. Going into this with a very open mind and am excited about trying NCL...unless we don't get the shows booked. This "freestyle" is so much more stressful than a regular cruise. And once we are booked we have to make sure we are at the right place at the scheduled time.

At what time on the 45th day before the cruise can we book entertainment and dining? Will it be available at 12:01am, 6:00am or is it just random? I am prepared to stay up all night since the only reason we booked this cruise was because of the entertainment. Not a big fan of the eastern caribbean and my favorite part of past cruises is getting to know our tablemates. Going into this with a very open mind and am excited about trying NCL...unless we don't get the shows booked. This "freestyle" is so much more stressful than a regular cruise. And once we are booked we have to make sure we are at the right place at the scheduled time.

You're going to be staying up all night for nothing. My cruise is in eight days and I can still log in and get any show I want. They have enough performances for a large percentage of the passengers to see it all. Trust me, there won't be a thousand other people refreshing their page trying to book shows on the 45 day mark at 7:00 AM.

thanks for the responses. Worried because this is the most expensive cruise I have ever been on. Have never gone on a holiday before. When I booked that week was my only option for getting both boys together. Now, I could have booked it a week later and saved a lot of money. I guess it all worked out ok though, because we get a week at Disney after the cruise.

Yeah, don't worry too much about reservations for the big shows. I have a feeling they hold back a portion of the seats for walk-ups, ie. if a show says online its 100% booked, they really have another 10-20% of seats available for stand by's. I never saw any stand by turned away last week onboard. And I was in the stand by line quite a few times. Why not see BMG twice if its included in your price? You'd pay $100 to see them in any other town, especially to get up that close (every seat is great).

Every show I saw in the Epic Theater (BMG, Legends, Jeff Hobson, Slime Time, Paul Scally) had LOTS of available seating along the sides of the theater. Probably 100 or 200 available seats if you counted them all for any given show. Pretty amazing actually given the number of people onboard and the quality of the show. Guess that's a testament to all the rest Epic has to offer while onboard.

The reservation system works good in that it spreads the passengers around. You're not worrying or rushing the first night of the cruise to get into BMG. You know you have reservations later in the week and can enjoy something else for the night.

Reserve now cause that'll give you peace of mind, but don't worry about walking up to any other show even if you don't have reservations. Actually, the smaller venue shows like Cirque and Second City may or may not have available stand by seating just because they're in smaller venues, but the main showroom, you'll have no problem.

Archived