The Jolly Roger Pirate boat, morning cruises

A Sixth?

Any good? Suitable for a couple with a four year old kid, or too outragous?

Willbe in the caymans in a few days on the Sun and thought it looked like being a pirate for a day might be fun. ($ 39.00 for 2 hours a bit dear, but hey!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know if this is too late to be of any help but I will give you the benefit of our experience. We took our granddaughter (aged 5) on this tour the first part of March. We too thought this might be a fun experience for her.....boy were we wrong! As soon as we were on the pirate ship, they gave all the kids a scrub brush (or tooth brush) and told them to get down on their hands and knees and start scrubbing the deck! Then they proceeded to pour sea water from a bucket on them. It was a little cool that day and believe me, those kids must have been freezing! Our five year old started crying and it went down hill from there. Might be a fun experience for an older child but I'm not even certain of that. I know it made me very uneasy for them to lash kids (and adults) to the mast by a rope around their necks and then around their bodies. They then doused them with sea water. And we actually paid for this experience!!!! No thanks. I can find other ways to amuse myself....and if you have not already gone - reconsider for your little one. Not a fun experience in our opinion!

Archived