3 Adults in one stateroom ?

Lottycruiser

New to P&O and need some advice on staterooms for 3 adults , would be me and dh travelling with my brother , now i know your not likely to get much privacy in one stateroom but looking at the Superior Deluxe Balcony ones it appears that the sofa is not directly in view of the bed , does this sofa convert into a bed for the third adult ? what we will need is a stateroom that will house 3 of us reasonably comfortabley . privacy we know will be limited but would appreciate your opinions and advice , many thanks .

We are booked into a superior deluxe balcony on Azura next Feb - I thought there was a curtain partition between the double bed and the sofa bed - we have this as a 4 berth cabin - me & hubby are in the double bed and our twin daughters are in the double sofa bed.

We are booked into a superior deluxe balcony on Azura next Feb - I thought there was a curtain partition between the double bed and the sofa bed - we have this as a 4 berth cabin - me & hubby are in the double bed and our twin daughters are in the double sofa bed.

We were looking at the Ventura and didnt notice a curtain partition in the room pictures , my main concern is knowing if the sofas convert to a bed ? and if so is that for all superior deluxes or just certain ones , i can see me getting a headache before long lol, we have cruised with RCI twice now and know the different staterooms off by heart , just wanted to try a different cruise liner but am now feeling like a cruise virgin again .

Maybe there isn't a curtain then - you could try posting on the P&O website they have their own smaller version of this type of forum and there are lots of answers on there.

We too have cruised RCI twice and this will be our 1st P&O cruise and I am finding I am having to ask lots of questions and feel like a novice again particularly relating to the dress code.

We wanted a 4 berth cabin for me, hubby and twin daughters and specifically told the travel agent we didn't want the pullman beds and wanted a sofa bed and she recommended this type of room.

New to P&O and need some advice on staterooms for 3 adults , would be me and dh travelling with my brother , now i know your not likely to get much privacy in one stateroom but looking at the Superior Deluxe Balcony ones it appears that the sofa is not directly in view of the bed , does this sofa convert into a bed for the third adult ? what we will need is a stateroom that will house 3 of us reasonably comfortabley . privacy we know will be limited but would appreciate your opinions and advice , many thanks .

Hi there

The sofa does convert to a bed - however I'm pretty sure there isn't a curtain which divides them. The vanity unit does however obscure your view to a degree. Another option is to use the pullman bed above the sofa. Don't know if all the superior balcony's have these but ours definately did. the bed comes down from the roof above the sofa. I have heard they are very comfy and it would probably give you more space when you are changing at night too.

Privacy wise you could change in the walk in wardobe area as it is a reasonable size.

Apart from that - all I can say is that they are lovely cabins, you get chocolates and flowers upon arrival and you also get canapes 1 a week too.

Also do you know that all the superior deluxe have overlooked balconies - it didn't bother us but some people it does.

It may also be worth looking at 2 cabins - say 1 balcony and 1 inside . Sometimes it can work out the same or even cheaper!!!!! Crazy I know!!!!! Probably unlikely in your case as the person in the single cabin would have to pay a single supplement! But worth a look just in case.

hth

Sue

Hi there

The sofa does convert to a bed - however I'm pretty sure there isn't a curtain which divides them. The vanity unit does however obscure your view to a degree. Another option is to use the pullman bed above the sofa. Don't know if all the superior balcony's have these but ours definately did. the bed comes down from the roof above the sofa. I have heard they are very comfy and it would probably give you more space when you are changing at night too.

Privacy wise you could change in the walk in wardobe area as it is a reasonable size.

Apart from that - all I can say is that they are lovely cabins, you get chocolates and flowers upon arrival and you also get canapes 1 a week too.

Also do you know that all the superior deluxe have overlooked balconies - it didn't bother us but some people it does.

It may also be worth looking at 2 cabins - say 1 balcony and 1 inside . Sometimes it can work out the same or even cheaper!!!!! Crazy I know!!!!! Probably unlikely in your case as the person in the single cabin would have to pay a single supplement! But worth a look just in case.

hth

Sue

Thank you for this info , yes i was aware that the balconys are overlooked , that wont be a problem for us , i was also aware that there are pullman beds but seeing as we are all over 50 i didnt think a high up bed would be suitable , however me being the dare devil that i am i would probably climb up there would only worry about falling off though , especialy after a few liquids ;)

Archived