Would elite be happy on ncl pearl?

elou

Love Princess, but looking for some new shows at night. Also, is there much to do with different activities while at sea? To me, food is not that important. I do not care for sea days and like to be kept busy. Any help?

We've cruised on the NCL Pearl twice. She is a beautiful ship, though some of the decor is a bit over the top compared to the Princess ships. After cruising with Princess, especially at the Elite level, you would feel you are being nickle and dimed - although NCL may have some lower rates for their cruises, we have found that things on-board cost more. Although on NCL if you are in a full suite you are pampered beyond belief. We had a Penthouse and the Butler service is very nice. The specialty restaurants are really wonderful and there are so many options, but they are extra. As for the entertainment, I think they are pretty comparable. I don't find cruise ship entertainment that spectacular, but that is just me. The crews on both lines are really wonderful.

I must admit I have never sailed on NCL. However, I have some friends that have only sailed only once before and that was on the Crown, and now they are sailing this month on NCL Jade. I went online today to look at the ship and needed my sunglasses for the online photos! Might be fine for some people, but just isn't my cup of tea!

I told my friends that I hope they have a wonderful time, just don't expect it to be like the Crown.

I feel like there is a cruise line for everyone that wants to cruise. I am glad there are so many different lines to suit everyone's desires.

Except for the fact that this question was asked on the Princess board, I am not sure what people see as different between the two lines. We have many many cruises under our belt have cruised mostly with either NCL or Princess. We honestly pick our cruise by itinerary, timing for vacation time and cost. To us the two cruise lines are equal as to service, food and entertainment. They are both wonderful and have nothing bad to say about either one. The only real difference is that dining on NCL is "Freestyle", which means you will have different tablemates at dinner unless you choose to always eat at a table for two. Since we always choose Anytime Dining on Princess this adds to the fact that we don't see a difference.

We love them both and would gladly cruise on any ship with either line. We have equal amounts of sailings with both lines.

Archived