Doing things without tour guides

SurfIdaho

Hi, My wife and I are cruising on the Oosterdam on Nov. 24. I was planning some things to do in the ports. In Cabo I was hoping to rent a sea kayak and paddle down the shore and maybe check out The Arches and Lovers Beach. In PV I would like to go for a hike through the jungle, I read about some waterfalls and swimming holes to hike to south of PV near Garza Blanca and El Eden. Will these places be easy to find? Does anyone know where I could find some decent maps of these areas. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance! This will be my first cruise and first time to Mexico and I am very excited.

Jesse

Very easy in Cabo. Once you get off your tender have a water taxi take you over to Medano Beach. You can catch a water taxi along the board walk as you exit. Don't pay more that $8-$10 per person. There's plenty of opportunity to have someone agree to that price as you walk the boardwalk. They will start high but will go down. Once you get to Medano Beach (a very short ride across the bay) you can walk down the beach and rent kayaks. The arches are directly across the bay from Medano. I see kayakers out there every time I go. I've never kayaked in that section of Cabo but I would say, keep your eyes open as it's a pretty busy bay area.

There used to be a thread on here that had compiled info and maps on PV. Not sure if it's still here. You can try a search of the forum. Otherwise, hopefully Quincytoo or MSN Travelers who are frequent PV visitors will find your thread and can give you info.

Archived