Tampa Hotel Review

Eeyoregon

Just back from Tampa. My group of 5 stayed in a a suite at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Westshore pre-cruise.

Free airport shuttle that was fast/reliable.

Free courtesy shuttle within 3 miles of hotel. We went to a liquor store, dinner and a Walmart on the free shuttle.

Free breakfast with items such as make it yourself belgian waffles, oatmeal, eggs, pastries, etc.

Shuttle to the port for $5 per person.

Free parking for your vehicle if you book a park-n-cruise package.

Our room had 2 beds and an "L" shaped sectional sofa bed, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and sink.

The pool and hot tub were nice and clean.

The staff was outstanding and very accomodating.

Only complaint: no return shuttle from port which left us to fend for ourselves which was a bit of a chaotic hassle post-cruise.

We would absolutely stay at this property again.

40thBday%20004.jpg

View from living room area.

40thBday%20005.jpg

Sofa sleeper and a peek of the desk on the right.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Happy sailing.

Gina

Thank you for the review of this property. DH and I will be considering all the Marriott hotels in the area. We will be cashing in some reward points, and this is one of the places we are looking into for our pre and post cruise hotel. We'll be driving to Tampa, and want to leave our vehicle at the hotel all week.

My question is, if we also book a post cruise room at Springhill Suites, will they pick us up at the port then, or will we need to find a way back to the hotel for a post cruise stay?

Thank you!

Thank you.

We're researching new hotels for our next stay in Tampa. A few questions:

Were the beds comfortable? (They look like it)

Were the rooms quiet?

Is there an elevator?

Any budget/fast food restaurants in walking distance in case the shuttle is busy?

How much was the room?

What time was the earliest shuttle to the port?

My question is, if we also book a post cruise room at Springhill Suites, will they pick us up at the port then, or will we need to find a way back to the hotel for a post cruise stay?

Thank you!

My understanding is that you would still need to make your own arrangements. I recommend doing that ahead of time if possible to cut down on the chaos that we encountered. Although, there were 5 of us with a TON of luggage so we couldn't just hop in one of the taxis that were lined up...in the end, 2 taxis probably would have been cheaper than what we ended up paying but live and learn.

Thank you.

We're researching new hotels for our next stay in Tampa. A few questions:

Were the beds comfortable? (They look like it)

After traveling since 4:00 am and being up for close to 21 hours I might not be the best person to ask about bed comfort as I could have slept on a bed of nails that night, lol. The bedding was very nice and the beds were comfy.

Were the rooms quiet?

Our room was bottom floor and overlooked the pool...as in the pool was 3 feet from our window so had the pool been busy, it may have been loud. We didn't hear a peep from the hall or neighboring rooms.

Is there an elevator?

Yes.

Any budget/fast food restaurants in walking distance in case the shuttle is busy?

I'm not sure. I don't remember seeing any but that doesn't mean much.

How much was the room?

For the 5 of us with the park-n-cruise package it was $109.00 including all taxes/fees. Much cheaper than paying for parking at the port.

What time was the earliest shuttle to the port?

I'm not sure. When we checked in I inquired about the shuttle and he had room for 5 on the 10:30 and I snagged it. Less than 10 minute drive to port on a Sunday.

Thank you so much for your response. I'll look into post cruise transportation before we arrive, so there's no confusion about getting back to our hotel.

There are other Marriott properties in the area, and I will be weighing which one will best suit our needs. Your post is very helpful. Thanks again!

Archived