Epic - breakfast venues?

DebJef

Can anyone please clear up a question we have regarding the Epic... what are the choice of venues for breakfast? We like to have a relaxed breakfast in the MDR on other ships but it looks like this isn't an option on the Epic? Is it just the buffet self-service option? All breakfast info and advice gratefully received!

They have breakfast in one of the dining rooms, Taste I think. It's quite nice and my only minor complaint was that we had to track someone down for a 2nd cup of coffee. I really liked the french toast. We never did have breakfast at O'Sheehans but it sounded good.

I will say that breakfast at the buffet was pretty good and well run even with the amount of people there. We always managed to find a table in either the back or front. After a couple of days we revert back to mostly eating oatmeal or cold cereal and fruit so it worked well for us.

Well, that is good news. We like to linger over breakfast whilst our teenage daughter stays under the covers, and Taste should suit us fine. We enjoy our breakfasts and try (only try) not to have lunch.

Breakfast at Taste, O'Sheehans and the Buffet offer pretty much the same spread. Eggs benedict were the exact same at Taste and the buffet. The corned beef hash at O'Sheehans was the exact same as the buffet. Quite honestly, unless you really want the table service, I would eat at the buffet as it offers more than the others do. If you find the buffet too noisey, you can bring your food downstairs to La Corsina (sp?).

Breakfast at Taste, O'Sheehans and the Buffet offer pretty much the same spread. Eggs benedict were the exact same at Taste and the buffet. The corned beef hash at O'Sheehans was the exact same as the buffet. Quite honestly, unless you really want the table service, I would eat at the buffet as it offers more than the others do. If you find the buffet too noisey, you can bring your food downstairs to La Corsina (sp?).

I loved it on the Epic eating breakfast every morning sitting at the front windows in the Garden Cafe. Great view and a nice way to start the day.

I loved it on the Epic eating breakfast every morning sitting at the front windows in the Garden Cafe. Great view and a nice way to start the day.

And if those chairs are not available, the best kept secret on the ship is that you can take your plate downstairs to La Cucina and eat. Beautiful views as well.

Well, that is good news. We like to linger over breakfast whilst our teenage daughter stays under the covers, and Taste should suit us fine. We enjoy our breakfasts and try (only try) not to have lunch.

I didn't go to O'Sheehan's for breakfast, but if you're feeling homesick, other reviewers report they serve a "full English breakfast" there.;):D

Enjoy Epic - very different in many many ways but a wonderful experience, excellent food & crew.

To add a little more:

Garden Cafe (huge buffet area)

Great Outdoors (smaller buffet area out by main pools)

Taste (sit down menus)

O'Sheehan's (sit down menus)

Spice H20 (continental...yogurt, breads, danishes, and the BEST orange juice)

La Cucina also offered a continental selection from 8-11am

Room Service...the order forms are in the stateroom information booklet.

Based upon your post, I would recommend Taste Restaurant with a window seat.

Enjoy your Breakfast!

coka

Well, in Taste you can order things how you want them, say, Eggs Benedict cooked medium, or Crab Benedict. Always good there but I actually found I adored the Muesli in the Garden Cafe. Yum!

Archived