Coral Princess Inn, San Juan, PR

Travelers

Would like to know if anyone has stayed at the Coral Princess Inn recently. The reviews on tripadvisor was pretty good. Will be going on the Golden Princess cruise May 1, 2005.

Thank you,

Viv

I just returned 2 days ago from a cruise and stay in San Juan. Stayed at the Coral Princess Feb 10-13. I also read TripAdvisor and I can say that all the reviews were correct. The service and friendliness of all the staff was wonderful!! The rooms were very clean and well kept and the housekeeping did a tremendous job as well. We had left some wet and sandy water shoes in the tub, and when we came back, they were sitting to the side on a towel drying. This hotel is very close to many shops and places to eat.

Here are the few of the things of note (not necessarily minuses, but things you might want to know).

The breakfast, as reviewed, is nothing to write home about. I found it to be about the same as any other continental breakfast in the the states: rolls, juice, coffee. Only one kind of cereal (cornflakes I think). I didn't have any problem with it as their croissants were wonderful.

A room with one bed was a bit small. I had looked on the website and seen the picture of the room with the two beds and was expecting something like that. The room with the bed was about a 12x14 room or so, with the bathroom about a standard size bathroom. Honestly we spent very little time in the hotel other than just lounging, so it was not a big deal. It was just a bit of a shock at first.

The Condado beach is just a short walk away, however, it is really not all that nice of a beach. Quite rough surf and fairly grainy sand.

The look of the neighborhood around the hotel is not your typical resort type area. There are hotels, businesses, apartments, and homes all mixed together. We felt perfectly safe walking around at night, but it is not a resort type area if that is what you are expecting.

Hope that is helpful. We loved the hotel and would definitely stay there again. The price is right, the rooms are lovely and clean, and the service is top notch!!

Thank you for your response to my question. We have a reservation for a standard room and at least I know not to be shocked by the size. Will only be there for one night and cleanliness is the most important thing.

Viv-

I just booked the Coral Princess Inn for the nightof 4/30/05 sailing on the Golden Princess on 5/1/05. Read the reviews on Tripadvisor.com and checked expedia as well. All seemed positive. I am new to Cruise Critic. Hope to meet some people on the same sailing.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

go big red, are you from cincy? anyway, if i would like a nice room meaing queen bed. we will be there three days, should I ask for this? also do the bath rooms have whirlpool tubs as the ads say? thanks circleville ohio

go big red, are you from cincy? anyway, if i would like a nice room meaing queen bed. we will be there three days, should I ask for this? also do the bath rooms have whirlpool tubs as the ads say? thanks circleville ohio

No...not from Cincy. I am in Wichita KS, but originally from Nebraska (hence Go Big Red).

A queen bed room is what we had. I found it to be very comfortable. I believe queen size is their standard, but I remember when booking I think they asked if I wanted single or double, then queen or king. Yes the tubs are whirlpool tubs, however, it is just a regular sized tub with the jets. I didn't use it as I am too tall to fit in a regular bathtub comfortably.

Archived