Swim w/turtles or other?

RKD

Husband and I are disagreeing on what to do on Barbados.:( I want to do the swim with turtles and he would like to "tour island, hit rum distillery, listen to the unique music, etc." This is really the only tour I really kind of wanted to do, but he thinks that Barbados is unique with their music, etc. He is also worried that I won't be able to handle the snorkeling, since I am overweight and out of shape, but I can use a vest, so I would like to try. We have only snorkeled once in Hawaii many years ago.

We are going to St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao, and Aruba. Are we going to be able to find the "island" music on any of the other islands? Please help if you can, because we leave a week from today!:eek:

Husband and I are disagreeing on what to do on Barbados.:( I want to do the swim with turtles and he would like to "tour island, hit rum distillery, listen to the unique music, etc." This is really the only tour I really kind of wanted to do, but he thinks that Barbados is unique with their music, etc. He is also worried that I won't be able to handle the snorkeling, since I am overweight and out of shape, but I can use a vest, so I would like to try. We have only snorkeled once in Hawaii many years ago.

We are going to St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao, and Aruba. Are we going to be able to find the "island" music on any of the other islands? Please help if you can, because we leave a week from today!:eek:

Hi Kathy

You answer the question yourself - if the turtle swim is what you want to do you must do it. At the start of this

there'a bit of swimming with turtles. You will EASILY be able to snorkel and you'll have the time of your life.

As for the things your husband wants to do in Barbados, a tour of Grenada will take care of that. This

features a very old rum distillery he can go to plus a few other ideas for a day. As for the music, you'll get that everywhere you go - I heard it all throughout the Caribbean.

Hope this helps and that you have a great cruise. How can you not ?

Tony

Swimming with the turtles is awesome, and you don't have to be in shape to do it, they swim up to you. You can do this for a short time at some point in your day, and still let your husband do what he wants to do too, if you get a private guide. There are guides recommended here on the boards, or you can get one at the pier. We used Sarah from Glory tours that last time that we were in Barbados, and we are using her again in January https://www.glorytours.org/ . Her tours are great. :)

gotta swim with the turtles...you cant do that on many other islands. The island sounds and flavors can be had at many other places. But hey why not do both on Barbados. You can book a 3 hour snorkel tour and that would leave you with half of the day to do what he wants to do also

Archived