Arrival/parking

327Cruiser

Looking forward to our first Norwegian Dawn cruise leaving 3/27, driving from NJ. Excuse me if this is one of the most often asked questions, but...

1) Where is the dock address?

2) What are my parking options?

3) What's a good arrival time?

May have more Qs later, but any help on these is greatly appreciated.

Can't wait to board!

I don't know the exact address but it's right near the Intrepid Museum in the 40's. Follow the signs from the West Side Highway. There are lots of signs that say port / passanger ships etc.

I think parking is $24 per day. (It's about $42 per day for the rest of the city.) Depending on the length of your cruise & where in NJ you are coming from, you might want to look into having a car service pick you up & drop you off. Plus, that way you are not the one dealing w/ the traffic.

I can't help you w/ the time, sorry.

I think if you go to Yahoo search or google search or some search engine and type in New York Passenger cruise terminal you can get the address. It's at about 55th Street. I'm driving and parking in April. Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad because as with your sailing I believe the Dawn will be the only ship in port. We went December 2003 and were dropped off. The traffic was a disaster but there had been a snow storm the day before and there was a lot of cleaning up going on. I plan to get there around 10AM. We have a four hour drive and I want to allow plenty of time for a flat tire or whatever. I'm hoping if we do get there at 10, it will be before the previous week passengers are really clearing out. I would rather sit around for a couple of hours with nothing to do than sit around for a couple of hours in traffic. I think?

Archived